Chapter 3

That morning was rather odd. I woke up wrapped in an old blanket. It smelled of death and something else I couldn't quite place, it was rather sweet though. Well, actually it smelled exactly like my demon. I couldn't help but smile. I'd never gotten a gift before. I wrapped it around me as I ventured down stairs. I was shocked to find no one else home.

I called out for my mama. I began to panic and run about the house. "Where in the hell could she be?!?" I thought aloud. "Don't worry about that child." A familiar voice answered. I ran toward the voice into the living room. My eyes met his and I froze. It was the demon.

He was laying across the couch smoking. He held his hand out toward me as he finished his cigarette. I slowly approached him and as soon as I was close enough he pulled me onto his lap, and I fell back on his chest. The demon wrapped his arms around me, causing my shirt to slide up some.

"Oh... I'm sorry!" He whispered rather loudly as he pulled my shirt back down. He was being so kind I thought. He rested his head on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. The sunlight poured into the room and burned my skin, "I dont like the sun." i began to whine. He growled and stood up, while pushing me off of him. I watching him closely as he paced back and forth across the room. finally he stopped and turned to me. "I don't like it either, lets do something about it!" I laughed and shook my head. "Oh really now, and what could we do about the sun?". He sat down beside me and wrapped his arms aorund me. After a few minutes and looked up at him "what is this supposed to do?" he just squeezed me tighter and whispered in my ear "I just wanted to hold you Angel."

I frowned. He's a demon. He's acting so strange to be one. But then it dawned on me. "How do you know my name demon?" He grinned, "don't worry about it." I pushed him away. "More importantly, why did you give me this fucking blanket, And why the fuck are you treating me this kinda way?!" An a angered look was on his face as he approached me. He slapped me and I fell to the floor. "Your just another ungrateful bitch. I'm the first person to show you affection in your whole god damn life, and this is how your treat me?!" I cowered on the floor and hid my face. He continued to scream, " If you don't want me, I'll just go!" I looked back up to stop him but he was gone. I fell back to the floor, knowing I had done something terribly wrong.