Chapter 1: The crash

Beckett raced out from the car, only to see her fianc'e car on fire, lyring in the ditch.'No'' escapes her lips. Tears run down her face, her mouth trembling.She clutches her wedding dress, and starts running closer to the ditch. ''NO!! CASTLE'' she yells. She gets as close as she can, collapses down onto the grass. ''NOOOO!!! CASTLE!! DON'T LEAVE ME!!  CASTLE!!!! she splutters, crying her eyes out. ''Beckett'' came a male voice, holding her from the side. Esposito. ''Havier, Castle...'' cries Beckett, ''Beckett, we found Castle already. He's suffering a lot of burns, and he's unconcious, but he's alive. ''What?'' said Beckett, feeling that all the air from her lungs came back to her.'He's alive??'' she asked, not quite believing it. ''Oh thank god'' she said, feeling the deadly burn in her heart dissapearing ''He's alive, he's alive'' she muttered, hugging Esposito, who had soot all over his face, his suit spoiled. A handsome brown haired detective also made his way to them, also black soot all over him. ''He's going to be alright, Kate'' he kneeled down to her, hugging her too. Her mascara was running down, but despite all this, she was still as beautiful as she was. ''Thanks Kev, where is he?'' she said, looking around with her red blurry, tearful eyes. She suddenly saw the ambulance with someone on the stretcher, his hand lying on the side.

''Castle'' she said, running towards him. She ran to the stretcher, holding the hand to her face. ''No, no'' she spluttered. He was covered in burns,his tuxedo was torn and ruined, revealing horrific burns. His shoes were gone, fair red from burns and black with soot. He was unconcious, but luckily his face looked alrigh, oher than probably a few scars. A nurse was beside his, easing him to the ambulance. ''Maam, i'm gonna need to ask you to move'' she said urgently. ''I want to ride with him'' said Beckett. ''I don't know, the ambulance is quite small'' said the nurse regretfully. ''Its alright, i want to be with  him'' said Beckett firmly. The nurse turned and addressed a few words to another nearby nurse but Beckett wasn't listening. She was stroking Castle's hair. ''Alright, you may come, we're going in 3 minutes'' she said. Beckett took a step back and wiped her nose. ''Alright.'' she nodded. She turned and saw Alexis crying at the side,alone. As they were loading Castle, Beckett walked over her.

''Alexis'' she said, hoarsley. Alexis swung around, when she saw Beckett she hugged her tightly.. ''I know, I know'' coaxed Beckett

''My dad, will he be alright?'' asked Alexis, laying her head on Beckett's Beckett's shoulder, her nose red, voice quivering. ''He will be, he will be'' said Beckett over and over again, stroking Alexis's red hair. In a distance, she saw another redhead. Martha. She was holding a tissue to her nose, wiping it, while getting a statement from a cop. Those weren't acting tears, oscar worthy ones, those were pure tears.

''Maam, we're leaving.'' said the nurse. Alexis raised her head from Beckett's shoulder, wiping her nose. ''Gran and I will meet you at the Hospital when we're done with all this police staff'' added Alexis, circling her finger around them as a gesture. Beckett took a quick look around, seeing how Espo and Ryan were taking care of things and added hastily, ''Ok, meet you guys at Mercy Hospital'' said Beckett. Alexis nodded and turned to her Gran, while Beckett walked towards the ambulance. 'Castle never left my side when i was shot, and i'm hell not going to leave him now'' thought Beckett as she heard the ambulance door shutting once she was in. They sounded the siren and was off, with Beckett praying with all her might, holding a Castle's hand, tears shooting down.

In the ambulance, Beckett replayed all the years they've been together. She wasn't sure about what she told Alexis. She hoped so much he would make it. They burns were bad, extremely serious. ''You ok back there maam?'' asked the nurse, interupping her thoughts. Beckett lay back onto the wall of the ambulance and said ''No, i'm not'' , and shut her eyes. Flashbacks came back from when she was shot, remembering how Castle told her he loved her, nearly causing the end of their friendship. ''Castle, i love you'' she muttered, looking down onto him.

They reached the Hospital. Nurses came rushing towards the ambulance. The doors swung open. Nurses took Castle, and laid him onto another stretcher. Beckett followed urgently. She saw Martha's car at the gates. Beckett stopped, but Alexis made a gesture to follow her dad first. Beckett nodded and rushed into the hospital.