Prologue

"Where are we going?" Taylor whined. She couldn't see anything because of the blindfold.

Braelynn bites her lip and reaches over to squeeze Taylor's hand. "It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises. You know that." Taylor whined.

"I know." Braelynn responds softly.

"So tell me where we're going." Taylor whined, reaching up to move the blindfold away.

Braelynn reaches over and stops Taylor's hands. "Don't."

Taylor groaned. "What?!"

"Keep it on, it's a surprise." Braelynn says, watching Lucy drive.

Taylor groaned, crossing her arms.

Kissing her cheek, Braelynn sighs. "We'll be there soon."

Taylor turned away from Braelynn. "You know I hate surprises."

"I know." The older girl says softly.

"Why are you doing this to me then?" Taylor mumbled.

Braelynn sighs. "I have to."

"Why?" Taylor yawned. She was starting to get really tired and it wasn't even two in the afternoon.

"We're here." Lucy says softly.

Braelynn gently reached out her hand and placed it on Taylor's knee. "We're here." She squeezed softly.

"Where is here?" The younger girl asks tiredly.

Braelynn took a deep breath and squeezed Taylor's knee again. "Don't get mad."

"Braelynn? Where are we?" Taylor asked.

"We're at the hospital." Braelynn says softly.

Taylor tensed. She pushed the blindfold off her eyes and looked out of the window. "Why?"

"You're sick." Braelynn responds softly, looking into Taylor's eyes.

"I'm not sick." Taylor said quietly. She'd been denying it for months.

"Yes you are." Lucy says from the front seat.

Taylor snapped her head towards Lucy. She only shook her head.

*****

Twenty minutes later

It took them twenty minutes to get Taylor into the hospital and to Ally. The young blonde had fought them the entire way.

Taylor was shaking as she sat in front of Ally. She wouldn't even look up at her. She'd trained her eyes on the floor.

"We're going to do a couple tests, my friend Alessia will conduct them." Ally says softly, she had become the chief of surgery.

Taylor didn't reply, she stared blankly at the floor.

Ally continued to talk about the possibilities of what Taylor could have.

Taylor blocked out Ally's voice. Braelynn knew she would do that and listened for her.

****

Braelynn frowned as she listened to Ally, the older girl was telling them that Taylor had cancer.

The blonde was staring at the floor blankly. She'd blocked out Ally's voice, refusing to listen to the bad news.

"It's a pretty high case but with some chemo or some pills we can get a hold of it before it becomes fatal." Ally says softly.

Braelynn slipped her hand into Taylor's and gave it a gentle squeeze. "She's pregnant." She said, looking at Ally.

"Then we'll have to hold off on everything until the baby is born or you will have to decide on abortion." Ally explains softly.

Braelynn's heart broke in her chest and she looked at Taylor. "Baby, honey, what do you want to do?"

Taylor didn't respond, she was numb.

"Tay?" Braelynn asks softly, squeezing Taylor's hand.

Taylor lifted her head. "Huh?" She looked exhausted. "What?"

"Did you hear anything Ally just said?" Braelynn asks softly.

Taylor shook her head honestly.

Sighing, Braelynn looks into Taylor's eyes and explains everything. "What do you want to do?"

Taylor paled. "I don't know." She whispered. This was so much for her to take in and she was beginning to break.

Cupping her cheek, Braelynn leans their foreheads together. "Talk to me."

"I'm scared." Taylor whispered.

"Don't be scared." Braelynn whispers softly, kissing Taylor's lips.

Taylor kissed Braelynn back briefly before turning to look at Ally. "What happens if we wait until the baby is born?"

"Your cancer could become fatal." Ally said softly.

Taylor nodded slowly.

Braelynn bites her lip. "What do you want to do Tay?"

Taylor looked up at Braelynn. "We tried so hard for this baby." She whispered.

"I know." The older girl says softly, taking a deep breath. "Why don't we take a day or two to figure out what to do?"

Taylor nodded slowly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, forcing back her tears.

Kissing her forehead, Braelynn looks up at Ally. "Thanks for telling us, we're going to take a few days before making our decision."

Ally nodded. "Okay. Take all the time you need. Just let me know as soon as possible." She reached out and gently squeezed Taylor's knee.

Braelynn nods and helps Taylor up. "Thank you."

Taylor gripped Braelynn's hand tightly.

"I've got you." Braelynn whispers as she leads Taylor out of the room.