Chapter Three

When Braelynn woke up, she discovered Taylor was gone and Quinn was staring up at the ceiling, silently, kicking her feet.

As soon as the baby noticed Braelynn was awake, she turned her head toward her and released a soft coo, kicking her feet.

"Morning, Princess." Braelynn smiled. She sat up and lifted the little girl into her arms. "How about some breakfast?" She asked, standing and carrying the little girl out of the room. She wandered into the living room, discovering Taylor on the couch.

The blonde was still strumming the guitar and humming to herself before beginning to sing. "If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song."

Quinn releases a tiny squeal, kicking her feet when she sees Taylor. 

The music from the guitar stopped and Taylor stopped singing as soon as she heard Quinn. She froze.

The tiny baby suddenly released a soft cry and turns her head toward Braelynn's chest.

Braelynn moved over to Taylor and sat beside her. "Quinn's hungry, I was just about to make breakfast. Do you want anything?"

Taylor shook her head, putting the guitar done and closing her note book.

"Will you hold her while I make the food." Braelynn asked softly.

Taylor hesitated. She was always terrified that she'd drop Quinn by accident and upset Braelynn.

Quinn began to cry louder, kicking her feet and nuzzling Braelynn's chest again.

"You won't drop her. She's not as heavy as Astrid was." Braelynn said softly, remembering the story Taylor had told her. "I promise." She held the tiny baby out to her girlfriend.

With a little hesitation and uneasiness, Taylor reached out and took the tiny crying baby into her arms.

Quinn immediately turns her head toward Taylor's chest and releases a soft whine.

Taylor stared down at her daughter while Braelynn got up and left the room.

Nuzzling her chest again, Taylor releases a soft cry and gently kicks her feet.

Taylor gently wiped the tears off of Quinn's cheeks. "Shh." She cooed.

Slowly the little girl calms down, releasing an occasional whine as she tries to nurse on Taylor's nipple through her shirt.

"You're going to grow up happy, I promise." Taylor whispered. "If I don't accomplish anything else in my life, I don't care... as long as you're happy..."

Quinn looks up at her tiredly, her eyes fluttering as Taylor rocks her.

"Hey, I've got her bottle." Braelynn says, walking into the living room.

They had decided on bottle feeding to be safe since Taylor was going on chemo and formula was the best option.

Taylor took a deep breath. She wiped her face quickly before looking up at Braelynn. "Can... can I try?" She asked sheepishly. She hadn't fed Quinn before. She'd been too scared. If she was honest, there wasn't much she had done for her daughter.

Nodding her head, Braelynn holds the bottle out to Taylor.

As soon as the bottle touches her lips, Quinn's eyes flutter open and she immediately latches on.

"What do I do?" Taylor asked, biting her lower lip.

"Just check the bottle and every two ounces pull it away and burp her." Braelynn explains softly.