Gladiolus lungs

Samon Gokuu, the irrational monkey with a short temper. That's what he was. He wouldn't change it either. Samon was currently in the bathroom, sobbing and coughing out his lungs into the toilet below him, all because of the stupid gorilla at work. Hajime Sugoroku.

          Every time Samon heard that name, God did he wish he had the same reaction he had a year ago, boiling hatred. But now, all he felt was the butterflies in his stomach and the burning pain in his chest.

          "D-" Samon cut himself off with a cough of blood and a deep red gladiolus into the newly stained ceramic, the symbol of strength and moral integrity, all signs that Hajime was the one causing this pain. "Dammit Hajime!" Samon barely manages a voice above a whisper. Samon lets out a sound from his throat which can only be explained as a pathetic cry for help and a whimper of sadness.

          Finally Samon can properly speak and stand, he dresses himself, eats breakfast and heads out to work. One there, he walks to his post in the wardens office. 

          "Ah, I've been waiting for you Samon, may you give these papers to building 13, supervisor Sugoroku?" The warden asked, but with her constant glare it seemed to be an order more than a request. The thought of seeing Hajime made Samon's heart flutter, but there was no way he could show any sign of remotely liking Hajime, so he just said "I will do that now warden" Samon bowed and took the paperwork from the wardens desk and walks out of the room.

          Samon finally gets to building 13 and is met with a surprised looking Seitarou. "H-huh? Oh! Supervisor Gokuu!" Seitarou yelps, clearly startled. "Wheres Hajime?" Samon asks blankly staring at the lower ranked guard. "I-in the office sir!" "Thank you" and with that Samon walked towards the gorilla's office.

          As soon as the monkey guard was standing in front of the door he reached out gripping the doorknob and swung the door open, practically denting the wall where the doorknob was. "Hajime! Here are your dumb papers!" Samon yelled, faking annoyance. Hajime sighed looking up from his paperwork raising an eyebrow "so you've been demoted to an messenger boy, pretty pathetic." 

          That hurt, hearing that from Hajime made his heart shatter but he pushed that feeling away and coverd it with anger "Shut up you stupid Gorilla! It's a one time thing!" "Whatever, hand them over." Hajime rolled his eyes, Samon made note of this but ignored it and gave him the papers and walked out of the office, slamming the door behind him.

          It was a relatively good day at work, no complaints and for once, Inori was working.

          Once Samon got home, he immediately rushed for the bathroom with his shoes still on and bent over the toilet coughing up the same beautiful flowers as always. but then it hit him, Hajime will never love him. And with that he picked up his phone.

          Then it happened, Samon couldn't breath. The flowers had taken over his lungs, and using most of his strength picked up his phone, typed in a message to Mitsuru, hit send and fell to the ground, dropping his phone in the process.

          The message read: Tell Hajime that I'm sorry and that I love him. Goodbye

          Samon wished that he could have told Hajime earlier, but like the idiot he was, he didn't tell him.

                                             But, Not all stories have a happy ending.