Six Letters To Niall

hello guys :) 

I actually cannot believe how much support this story has gotten. all of you, all your comments, make me so happy, and I feel like running round the room dancing and screaming

I love you all xox

It was two days later when Niall got another chance to read the letter. 

He was practically itching to open the next one, seeing as it looked like it had something in it. But he simply hadn't had the time, or when he did he was either too tired or too hungry to open it. 

So when they had the night off, and they didn't have a concert or signing for once, Niall jumped on the chance. He pulled out the letters from under his pillow on the bunk of the tourbus, counting up until the sixth letter and opened it. 

When he did, a woven bracelet fell out onto his lap. It was grey and red, handmade, and had zigzags running up along it. Was this for him? It must've been, right? Otherwise Charlie wouldn't have put it in the letter. 

He pulled the letter out, with the bracelet in his left hand, and began to read. 

Dear Niall,

Hey guess what? I was right. Ruby did find her perfect foster family. 

She left today. Little Ruby, with her curly brown hair and green eyes that sparkled every time she laughed, showing her tiny crooked teeth that she admitted to me one time she got teased about at school. Ruby, who everyone loves. And I suppose it's hard not to love that little girl. She's only eight, yet she acts likes she a hundred years old and you could say she makes anyone and everyone happy. Including me, and that's saying something. I'm not a very happy person. 

Niall felt it again, that pang. A pang of sadness and loss, like something was missing from his life and he couldn't quite put his finger on it. 

Everyone in the house turned out to watch her go. She cried at least three times, hugging everyone at least twice. And then, when she reached me, she decided she didn't want to go. She just clung to me, crying. 

It was so hard, to pull her off me gently and give her to Mr and Mrs Marks. And I know it's really, really, horrible and selfish to say this, but I don't want her to go. I don't want to leave me. Ruby's been my only friend in this place. 

It was an emotional farewell. Bridget was there in floods of tears, yet she had hardly said two words to Ruby. Jade cried herself, though she was smiling through her tears. I didn't cry, however. If I had cried, Ruby would never have let go of me. So I just smiled, hugged her tight, and then helped her into the car with Mr and Mrs Marks and their daughter, Beth. Then the door slammed shut and the car drove off, away from the house, her old life, away from every single one us. 

Away from me.