A Little Twist & Turn

See my story's complicated , many things get added onto it or fixed in permanently. And ill never forget this one. Im Serena and im 15 years old. And this is going to explain how I got to where I am. It started one morning , I was dancing around practically leaping around in my room. As I packed the last of my things. I checked my luggage and put my main essentials into my bag. ''Are you ready hunny?''. Mum shouted from downstairs . ''Yeah'' I replied. I couldn't stop thinking of all the amazing things we were going to see the beautiful American sights and eat delicious. I ate my breakfast , well gulped it down . Kissed my brother and sisters bye . I walked out onto my font lawn and admired my mums amazing work on the planting and tiles she has placed a couple of weeks. I stood and waited for my mum to open the car doors then walked round to the passenger's front seat while my mum got my luggage in the back. The scent of my mum's new air freshener filled my lungs.

 I began to think about what three weeks would be like without my mum. Okay maybe I'm being just a little paranoid. I should be thinking about all the fun I'm going to have; being able to sun tan again since I haven't been to my home country in years. And all the food I was going to get my hands on." I tucked some money into your packed dotted suitcase" my mum said as she started the engine. "But you've given already give me some" I said with a confused face. "In case of emergency or any needs darling" I smiled at the sweet thought as she started out on the main road.I gazed at my iPod as boredom started getting to my brain. I shove my earphones in and listened to a bit of Trey Songz I grinned as I thought of all the crazy and amazing things I was going to do with my friends.

Suddenly our car swung to the left and hit a red Toyota. The flashing lights blinked for a couple of seconds. While I was drously in and out of concious.  The glass of the front view window was shattered into millions of pieces...I woke up breathing heavily and deeply.  The sweat pouring down like a river. I wiped it away with the palm of my hand. One thing I probably inherited from my mum is my imagination. And it isn't always a very good thing.My mum pulled up in front of the airport. The yellow and black gigantic sign read 'Gatwick Airport'. A massive grin fell onto my face. “Halfway there” I thought. A couple of meters away from us I could see my best friend, looking as stunning as I did. She was wearing a red top with black leggings and black Timberland boots.

 I ran to her and started jumping around in excitement. As I heard my mum  unlock  her boot to remove my heavy bags, I looked at the rest of my peers and greeted my favourite teacher. She wasn't harsh but far. She ensured that we did all our work and was nice to me. However she sometimes sneaked chocolate bars into lessons to treat me. But we made sure no one would spot the favouritism…I turned to the left and saw a secretly stashed whisky bottle. I took a gulp. A yellow mini bus was coming our way. It was in full speed and looked as though it had no intention of stopping. Suddenly I heard Lillian my best friend “Are you alright?” she said worriedly. I hesitated and could feel the heat of her hand. My palms were sweaty and it took me a minute to remember where I was. “ I'm fine, we’re having a wonderful trip. What’s there to worry about?” I grinned reassuringly. I remembered the sight of an old friend. She was smiling at the front as though she knew what was coming for me… 

Her name’s Lilly, she used to be like a sister to me until she decided that she would take my mum’s role. She took things very seriously, especially our friendship. I couldn't have friends and she would do psychotic things; the sight of her makes me want to scream. I can recall the time when someone called into school pretending to be my mum. Apparently I had a doctor’s appointment so I went home but when I got to the house it was empty. I remember it so clearly, even the smell of my mum’s sweet perfume. I went to my room and there she was standing behind my door, she was holding a long piece of rope and duct tape. “Why were you talking to that scum you can your boyfriend?” she spat. “ He’s my really close friend and he’s not scum.” I replied calmly. “Don’t lie to me!” she screamed. She lunged forward and attacked my hands with rope.

 She double tied it and stuck a piece of duct tape on my mouth. Wet tears were streaming down my boiling face, it burned with the stinging slap I had just received. She didn't like the fact that me and Sam were like brother and sister. Maybe she had feelings for him but that’s not a reason to punish me.I saw the movement of Lilian’s hand moving from left to right. My surroundings reappeared as I realised I wasn't in heaven land . “We’re going now” she said with a confused face. I smiled and followed her to the check in point with the rest of my class mates. We checked in and our flight was due in an hour or so , so we waited.

An Hour Later... 

I had barely sat down for a full 10 minutes to hear the sounds of crying babies , children chreeking and the buzz  of conversation flowing threw the air-plane. I smiled at the thought of how excited I was to see the beautiful sights of America. Times Square , The Empire State Building and Lanikai Beach. I was more than excited that I could barely express myself.I didn't mind that the price I had to pay was a disturbing flight. It wasn't as bad at all. Having my best friend right beside me. I slept for a couple of hours. After all our flight was 7 hours.

After The Flight..

We took a bus to the worlds most beautiful-est and biggest hotel called 'Grand Hyatt' in New York. I could hear many gasps whirling around. We were given keys assigned room mates and settled in. I was unpacking the last of my clothes and my toiletries. We were due to go on our first outing to shop and browser around. Times Square was amazing , there were giant screens everywhere ,people shopping , dinning , a little crowded and I could smell the  excitement.We looked around and brought some presents then went to eat at a restaurant. We were exhausted by the time we were back in our rooms. Lillian said she would spend some time in Amy's room. I switched on the lights and found a knife and a note . It said 'I'm coming for you'. I breathed in and out as I remembered my crazy dream that had occurred when mum was driving me to the airport. I threw the knife into my empty suitcase with the note. Changed into my pyjamas and fell asleep within seconds.

I opened my easy trying to recognise the presence of my teachers and Lillian. Miss.Rose was holding the knife and note in her hand. Looking disappointedly at me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. ''You have gone way to far young lady.'' Said Miss.Rose. ''I'm sorry what?'' I replied sleepily.''Get a shower , your going on the first flight back to London with Miss.Tahirah''.She spat. ''And what exactly have I done''.I looked up. ''Bringing a knife for a school trip isn't exactly what I had for my best student''. ''You know what , I found it yesterday but didn't wanna make it a big deal but whatever.'' I said as I dropped my clothes into the suitcase. ''And it was you wasn't it? Your supposed to be my best friend''. I looked surprised. ''I was worried''. Lillian whispered. ''I'm so sorry Serena.'' Miss.Rose said concerned.''Don't worry ill go''. I left on the first flight there was. My seat was next to a strange man. I headed for the toilet as I had decided water was the best medicine. And I could feel someone else following me. I was dragged into an empty space. As I felt a wire going around my neck. I saw red everywhere , my eyes were closing and I could hear my heart stopping.

...................I woke up in a plain white room. My arms were stuck to a bed with metal bars. I gasped for breath. And as I wiggled round I realised that my body was attached to the bed and there was nothing I could do. I could see a dark figure standing by the door. I screamed for help even though no one was going to rescue me from what was about to happen. None of this happen , well some parts are true. You'll just have to figure out for yourself which parts are true and which arent. I'm in a mental instatution apparently im crazy , i've been here for quite a while. My family couldn't deal with my wild imagination. They said I was too hard to handle. And thats why im here now. And will be for quite a while. Remember when I said my story was complicated .. You have absoulotely no idea what so ever.

Constructive Critisism

*Use all five senses to describe the start of the story and set the scene.

*Needs to build up , set the scene a bit slower

*Proof read it