Simplistic

Now living as a college student Hoseok wakes up in his cheaply made apartment.

He rubs his fingers around his eyes trying to get the "morning fog" out of them. Then checks the clock.

"shit..."

He says turning and looking around for the nearest clothing item. His job starts at 1:30 and the time; 2:05.

Hoseok rushed downstairs looking for his belt while slipping on piles of unclean laundry and plates.

"Where in the world is my dang belt?!"

He finally saw it on his lamp. He thinks to himself...

"Wa-wait a lamp of all things? How drunk was I?"

Trying to get the subject of proclaimed "belt lamp" off of his mind he remembers the real task at hand, his job.

He quickly slung his backpack over his shoulders. And starts heading out the garage door.

The keys of his main work door jingled as he took them off of the hook, and into the back pocket of his light blue worn-out jeans. He then ran outside to see autumn leaves on his brand new green bike. Hobi instantly swiped them off, irritated, and headed to work.

*15 minutes later*

Hoseok worked at his area gas station. Not that much money but, enough for the basics. The rest of his expenses paid off by his parents. And the scholarship he got for computer sciences. This took a toll on him in a reputation sense. Everything else...well, it was just a regular day. He had a good life. He earned money on days he didn't have class so he could actually afford food, his grades were almost perfect, and his relationship status... let's not talk about that aspect.

Hobi prepped his workstation and sat back in his creaky, old, and dusty cushioned chair scrolling through pages on Instagram.

15 minutes reading and watching pointless things a customer walks up to him.

It's Cordelia. Also known as the local grandma everyone strives to be. She's simplistic in her ways. She carries an old handbag, with her gray curly hair in a mini bun, and always wore some kind of intricate watch.

She came up to the register and greeted him like she always does by putting two fingers to her forehead and quickly bringing them outwards and saying "hey!" She ruffled through his hair and commented on his appearance saying things depending on the outfit. Today it was;
"How long have you worn that?"
"Did you pay for those rips?"

and a few other passive aggressive insults.

But, it was just how she showed her love and he liked that about her.

Cordelia then asked how his day was going and got a bleak answer.

"Just fine I guess, I really don't know."

"Just fine I guess? Is that your honest answer? Have you found a boyfriend yet?"

"Yeah, I guess that's my answer and no still no boyfriend..."

"Stop guessing things! Just tell me what's been going on!"

"Well, I really don't wan-"

She cuts him off.

"Tell me, and if you don't I can read you like a book."

"Yeah? Well, then I guess you're just gonna have to read me!"

He thought to himself..."She already knows."

"Somethings up. And you're really not too ecstatic about the idea of it."

"Ok...you got me!"

"Now tell me."

"You know my mom?"

"Of course."

"Well she's having this party thing and I have to be there and I just don't want to be treated like and show pony anymore. She wants me to be perfect in front of everyone."

"Well, it's always good to talk to someone. I really do hate that mother of yours no emotion in 'er. You could come over to my place? And I could teach you a few things...like etiquette and dress you up like a successful young man!

"Don't call me "young man." It's like I'm twelve Cordelia...But seriously, thanks so much for the offer. I would love to."

"No problem anything for my boy! See ya tomorrow at five!"

She was the mom that Hoseok didn't have growing up and still to this day. His whole family only cares about money. He's been held back from doing what he wants to do in order to uphold their status.

Here though, it's different. He's different.