Chapter VI: Life of Opportunities

"Matt? Umm Matt are you there?" Amy was saying to me but I was still distracted.

"W-what? I'm sorry, I was very distracted, I was remembering something, but it doesn't matter anymore, I can barely remember what I was even remembering" I said to Amy as I got up.

"I'll be back in a minute, I'm going to the bathroom" I said to Amy.

"Sure, I'll wait right here, take your time" Amy replied to me as I went walking to the bathroom. When I was there I really needed to wash my face, so I washed my face for a while and looked at myself in the mirror.

"What the hell was that...?" I exclaimed, I took my phone out and looked at the time.

"It's still 11:17 AM, I got one more hour until Tommy picks me up".

"I'm back" I said to Amy as I sat down next to her.

"So what music are you into Matt?" Amy asked me.

"Well, I'm really mixed up, I can listen to some heavy music, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, stuff like that, but when I am drawing, some nice indie like MGMT, or other soft music helps me a lot" I replied.

"Interesting, I always like to listen to really soft music, I always sit in the backyard of my house, I always like to draw natural stuff, I get really hyped" Amy said to me, she is getting more interesting, every single time. We stood the whole hour talking, getting to know each other, talking of future goals, and we seemed to understand each other, she became the girl of my dreams, slowly, but she did.

When she mentioned that she sat in the backyard of her house, I really wondered if the place that I followed her to with Tommy, was that her home? Or was it somewhere she'd meet up with friends? I really wanted to know.

"Can I ask you one thing?" I asked to Amy looking at her with curiosity

"Yes? What is it?" she asked.

"Are you close with your parents?" I asked to her, she made a surprised expression.

"Oh did it bother you? Sorry I didn't mean to" I really did not want to make her feel uncomfortable in any way.

"No, no, that's not it ha-ha, I just did not expect you to ask me that, well my parents don't live with me, but I visit them on every December all the to Delaware, I like living on my own, I like privacy, I do not like living under rules, I wanna have my own stuff organized" Amy answered to me.

"What about your parents?" her answer was smooth and straight forward, she was unafraid of her reality and that made me like her a little more.

"Well I-" I said but I was interrupted by a vehicle's horn. I got up to take a look and saw that it was Tommy. He came to pick me up so I could go to work.

"Amy come with me to the car, I wanna introduce you to my driver" I said to her as we walked towards the cab.

"Tommy, this is Amy, Amy this is Tommy, he drops me here and takes me to work" I said while introducing them".

"It's a pleasure young lady" Tommy said to Amy while shaking her hand.

"It's a pleasure sir" Amy replied to Tommy while smiling to him.

"I am going to take you to my office next time Amy, so you can see all my hard work, and future projects, I promise and you will like it, trust me" I said to Amy. We walked to the back part of the car, because it was a bit embarrassing while Tommy was looking at us.

"Looking forward to go to your office someday" she said to me, we stared at each other for a while in a total silence, she got a little close to me, and so did I, not even realizing, she kissed my cheek, it was warm, so soft and nice, and I felt a heat in my chest and my heartbeat was accelerating.