Chapter 7

(Niall P.O.V) 

Picture on the side is what Liam looks like in this chapter

-----------------------------------

~.~.~Time skip to Monday~.~.~

This weekend has been the worst one in such a long time . There were no late night text messages to make me laugh, no random hangouts with the boys to keep my mind off everything, no happiness. All that haunted me was the sadness and loneliness that was originally in the past, the constant reminder that my past can't coincide with my future, that no one can see my old demons and still treat me the same. 

I think the worst feeling out of all of it though, is the heartbreak. Yes, over the various months I have been with the boys, I have fallen for my best friend, Liam Payne. It isn't so bad though, since my hopes are constantly lifted as he playfully flirts with me, often times messing up and making us both blush until we look like tomatoes instead of people. However, My hopes have hit rock bottom after what happened on Friday. 

Out of all of them, I expected Liam to give me some understanding, to try to help me. But he didn't. He let the other boys yell at me, demand answers, and then have the nerve to make me stay and listen to more of it. That's what hurt the most, knowing that not even the one who you hold so high up on a pedestal now only pities you like the rest of the bloody world. 

Ignoring the slight tears stinging my eyes, I continue my walk to school, a brand new dark green hoodie covering me up once again. After seeing my mood over the weekend, Dad decided to try to cheer me up and got me a new sweater, since he knows how much I rely on them now. I swear, I have more sweaters and pull over hoodies than I do shirts, which is actually kind of sad if you think about it. 

Anyway, I make my way through the school, heading straight to my locker so I can grab my stuff for first period. I'm a bit early so that I can sit outside in the little tree area Liam showed me back when we first met and clear my mind before actually class. All I can hear in the hallways are people gossiping about me, talking about how their friends told them about my scars. It's unnerving as hell, and while most days I wouldn't pay any mind to it, today it affects me, knowing that I wont have the boys to help me forget everything like they usually do. 

Speak of the devil spawns. 

Reaching up, I pull my hood up and bow my head, hiding myself as I stop in front of my locker and put in the combination. As soon as it opes, I'm basically shoving myself in the locker that's how close I've pressed myself to it, standing on my toes to grab my stuff. Notebook, pencil, eraser... Where's my folder? 

Stepping back slightly, I see that my folder has fallen the back of my locker and now its trapped between the back locker wall and my heavy math binder. How lovely... Pressing myself to the locker once again, I stand as tall as I can to reach the book, the tips of my fingers just barely brushing the top of it. For fuck sake's, why do they have to make lockers so bloody tall!? Not everyone is average hight! 

"Need some help?" A deep, familiar voice chuckles from behind me before there is an arm pressed just above mine, another hand grabbing the book with ease and pulling it out of my locker, the person's body taking a step back and out of my personal space. 

I turn around to give Liam a piece of my mind but the words die in my throat as soon as my eyes settle on him. Holy hot dayum... Liam definitely got a haircut. The sides of his head are a buzzcut while the top of his hair styled up in a quiff. He's wearing a white muscle shirt with dark grey jeans and black boots. The muscle shirt is definitely his asset though. I can see the large blue vein in his biceps and the way his collar bone gracefully frames his thick neck... mmmm those muscles.... Niall!! Snap out of it! You're supposed to be mad at him!