CHAPTER THREE - NAMJOON

It hurts me that I need to leave Seokjin. Again. Father is probably doing this on purpose. He is sending me far from Seoul, so it takes me whole day. At least I hope that I will be able to eat dinner with him. I gently kiss Seokjin on forehead and he cutely mumbled something from his deep slumber. I leave our maison and get in car. I don't want to use plane. Yes it is faster, but much more expensive than car and I can't use it when people outside Seoul starve. In my car are driver and bodyguard and another cars with bodyguards drive in front of my car and behind too. We are going to Sangdong mine which is biggest in Korea. I will have speech on meeting of miners and give medals to the best ones. I took nap during the ride and after three hours we are here. I stepped out of my car and smile at the reporters and people around me. I am waving to cheering crowds and walked on stage.

Jimin had prepared my speech so I only need to say it. I am looking at the crowd in front of me and feel so guilty. They believe to king that their problems will be solved soon but I am not sure.

They are applauding and smile widely at me. I am smiling too show my dimples. Photographers went crazy and take millions of photos while I am standing there. I walked down from the small stage and shakes hands with few miners. Suddenly some lady walked closer to me. I thought that she wants to shake my hand too, so I extend my hand toward her, but she throws bucket full of ash on me.

"This will remain of us if we don't overthrow monarchy!"

The lady is yelling and soon police men drag her away. I am shocked and cough because some of the ash got into my mouth and eyes. My bodyguards are scared because this will have ugly consequences for them. They are cleaning my suit and face. Then they lead me back in car and I changed my shirt. I am still shocked and my bodyguards are begging for forgiveness. I said that it is okay but still, my father will have last word.

Sometimes I have feeling that I can't breathe.

What I am doing?

I am not feeling like I can be king. I want to fix mistakes of my grandfather and father but what if I fail?

My grandfather hadn't become king by nice way. He was general and won biggest battle of war between North and South so people love him. Then he came back to Seoul and started revolution. He ended democracy in Korea by executing president and then sat on throne and brought monarchy back. Country was ruined. North was very underdeveloped and South was heavily ruined by bombs. My grandfather started to rebuilt whole new nation but hadn't chance to finish his work. He died and my father has became king. Soon after he sat on the throne for first time, big famine started and millions of people have died. There is still problem with orphans but rich people are solving it very creatively. Now in every rich household is orphan who was taken and turned into little. There are doctors and stores only for littles. My adviser Jimin has three littles and Seokjin wants one too but my mother is doing problems. I haven't admit it to Jin but she wants to choose little for us. I don't know how to solve it. She is my mother and Jin is my love. In every case I will hurt one of them.

My thoughts are disturbed by my driver.

"Your majesty there is some problem on the highway, so I am going to turn onto smaller road and we will drive around the problem and then we will drive back on highway."

I nod and soon we are driving on smaller dusty road. Outside is hot but inside the car is nice chill. The road isn't in good shape, there are many holes, so we are going slowly. We drive through some city and then on road leading around lake. It is dusty, but I still see how is the sun shinning onto the water. Suddenly I spot few people standing on bank of the lake and it looks like they are arguing. We are closer and I see that they are young boys. When we are even closer I almost bump my forehead against the car window. I am shocked because few boys are throwing stones on something what is laying in the high dry grass.