Chapter 1: The First Rebellion

Florence, Italy January 2, 2099.

“Are…are you okay Vlad?”

“Yeah, just let us get this bomb planted and run the hell out of here.”

Vlad sticks the bomb onto the surface of the stairs. They both start running as fast as they can. Right when they get out of the door, they throw themselves on the ground as a big WHOOOSH sounds behind them. When they get up, the building is completely gone, no sign of it in sight.

“Good thing we didn’t get sucked in to the black hole, Vlad.”

“Let’s just get back to base. The Boss will want an explanation for what we have done here tonight.”

“Alright, let us get out of here.”

Vlad opens the teleportation pad and transports them right in front of their boss’s office. Vlad knocks on the door three times, then two, then another three.

“Come in, please.” A soft female voice whispers.

Vlad and Kenny walk into the office. Chinese lacquered bookcases lined the walls and there are two straight back cherry wood chairs sat in front of a deep mahogany desk. Behind the desk was a tall blonde in a white button down shirt with a pinstripe jacket. She had black rimless glasses and sighed when she saw who walked in.

“Is it done? Has the threat been tranquilized?”

“It has indeed. Kenny and I have compromised Greece’s Headquarters with one of those black hole doohickeys. I think it was very effective, don’t you Kenny?”

“Yes, it was.”

“Good job, both of you. Vlad, you are now a full-fledged member of the Nexusaloniuses. Kenny, you have now proved your worth and are now a temporary member of our clan. If you complete another mission like this one for us, you will become a full member like Vlad.”

Vlad nods his head and asks but one question.

“Will I have to get ready for the pledge soon, Actinia?”

“You will have a week to prepare for your pledge to the group. On the seventh day, you will be needed to say the pledge in front of the other members. If you want to say it before then, you are welcome to. Otherwise, carry on.”

“Thanks for the honor. Come on Kenny. Let us go see what is in store for us.”

Vlad and Kenny walk out of the building. Warplanes are flying everywhere shooting each other down.

“Ah. Looks like there is another battle at hand in the skies as well as down here on the ground come and let us see what there is to explore.”

They started to walk on Glass Street and looked at all the multiplexiglass skyscrapers. They towered over Vlad and Kenny as they walked onto the Sky Bridge.

“You can see the old aqueducts from here. They used to carry all the water in and out of the city. And right there is the wine vineyards that used to grow grapes. Now they are both synthetically made in laboratories, but I missed being able to actually have the good things like real chocolate or real cheese.” Vlad sighed afterwards missing the older times in which he would be able to do the simplest of things for real instead of synthetic products.

“You know Vlad, I’m not old enough to even know what happened 50 years ago, let alone back in the 1400’s. Could you teach me the ways of our order?”

“Of course my son, I will teach you the ways of our Guild. I have been a member of the Italian Assassins for 5 years and still haven’t learned all there is to learn. If you truly want to know everything, talk to the mentor, Leonardo le Benicia. He should be able to tell you more.”

“Can I go now Vlad?”

“Of course, just be careful. I don’t want any accidents to happen to you while you’re still learning the ways of the Guild.”

“Alright, thanks.”

Vlad walks down the other side of the Sky Bridge to go to Back Street. He wanted to get something for his son’s eighteenth birthday when he’ll finally be considered as one of them. He needed the help of a close family friend. The help of an Assassin.

Kenny walked back to Glass Street, turned right onto Plexus Street and then turned left onto Guild Street.

“Whoa, wait there a second Kenny. I need to see your identification card to proceed.”

“No problem Michael. Just one second.”

Kenny takes out his identification card and shows it to Michael.

“Okay dude, you’re free to go.”

“Thanks.”

Kenny started to walk to the Guild Building. Suddenly, a man came up behind him saying,“Give me all your money.”

“Oh hell no!” Kenny backflips a few feet behind him, drawing his diamond-hard knife. He slashes this mysterious foe’s neck off like a warm knife through butter. Kenny stood up and didn’t brush off the blood. Vlad always said ‘Keep the blood on the blade. Always keep it on and carve a notch in it for every man you attack and or kill with this blade. Kenny walked away, heading towards the Guild Building again.