Secrets Out

"ALICE"
"NICK!"
We both stood there looking at each other, but after what felt like an eternity, we finally snapped out of it.
"How can this be," Nick uttered to himself, “How can you be a werewolf? I would have smelt your scent!" Nick’s voice appeared to escalate as he said his last sentence.
"I’m a werewolf, yes, but I can hide my scent from other wolves" I replied.
"But that could only mean-"
“Yes.” I said, cutting him off, "I am a golden shifter. I only disguised myself as a normal wolf ‘cause I have to be careful with the way I shift in front of others. I only shift gold in front of people I trust.” I took a short pause, giving Nick a stern look as I locked eyes with him. “Can I trust you?"
When Nick nodded, I felt my body relax knowing that I could trust the male.
I shifted into my normal wolf coat. My silky pelt was pitch-black with hints of white here and there. I closed my eyes, thinking of my golden coat which caused my pelt to instantly shift from a natural color to a shimmering gold. When I opened my eyes, Nick was staring at me with lust and shock. I wasn’t sure why, but I could tell when my mate felt lustful for me.
He approached and patted my head which caused me to emit an impulsive purr. It felt wonderful having him rub my scalp, but I knew that an important matter still needed to be brought up. I took a few steps back before shifting into my human form.
"I know we are mates," I mumbled softly.
Nick sighed and walked over to me. I saw pain in his beautiful eyes as he approached. "Do you accept me as your mate or not," he asked looking down. He appeared marred as if something bad was going to happen. I knew I could trust him. He was cute and I was glad to have my second half. Not many people find there mates, so this was a life time opportunity. However, I still wanted to take it slow.
I entwined his fingers with mine and use my other hand to lift up his chin so we would be able to see eye to eye. He looked at me with pain, expecting the worst. I couldn’t believe he thought I was going to reject his proposal!
"I want you to be my mate. I accepted your offer." I smiled gleefully at him.
"Okay, please just give me a cha-," he paused midsentence, realizing what I’ve said; "did you just say you would be my mate?"
I nodded in reply. The lust came back to his eyes followed by overwhelming joy. We both smiled as he grabbed me into a hug.
“But I want to take this slow; nothing too big."
Nick nodded, leaning in for a kiss, but he stopped abruptly as if asking for my permission to do so. I smiled, giving him my approval. Before I knew it, he lightly brushed his lips on mine followed by a passionate kiss. He licked my lower lip asking for consent to come in and I let him do so.
We both pulled away, staring at each other. I blushed as he smirked at me. I hid my face, hoping that the redness would die down, but I felt a hand lift my chin only so that I was face-to-face with Nick.
"Never hide yourself from me, please. You’re too beautiful for me to not see you," he whispered, causing me to blush even stronger.
"I have to go," I whispered, giving him a peck on the lips. I shifted into my golden wolf, leaving him to shift and go the direction he came from.
When I found my way home, I swiftly ran up stairs as quiet as I could and slipped on my pj’s. I went to bed with a smile on my face, not wanting to wait for school tomorrow even though there was only one reason why I had so much excitement. Nick.
The next morning, I woke up and got dressed. I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue and purple tunic with flats. I ate breakfast very quickly, grabbed my car keys, jumped into my mustang and drove off to school as fast as I could. When I arrived, I parked my car, jumped out and walked off toward where I spotted Claire, Nancy and Kelly. I knew they were all wolves, so I thought it was time I told them so. I also wanted to apologize to Claire for running off. I ran to Claire, embracing her in a hug.
"I’m so sorry for what I did! Do you still want to be friends," I whispered so that only she would hear.
"It’s okay, Alice, You’re still my friend," she replied with a grin.
I smiled, preparing myself for the next question. “I know what you are."
They looked shocked, fearful even.
"H-how do you know?"
"I can smell your scent"
"But only werewolves can smell out other wolves and you’re not a wolf, are you?"
"Yes, I’m a werewolf and you don’t know I’m one is because I can hide my scent from other wolves because I’m a golden shifter," I stated proudly.
They all stood there gawking at me until Claire spoke up. “Golden shifters are the most ancient, magical and strongest wolf out there! They can even beat an alpha!" I giggled in response right as the bell rang, so we walked up to the school only to see Nick and some girl wearing nothing but a skirt with a belt that she tried to pull off as a dress.
I started to get angry. No, not angry, but furious.
"Amy, I told you I have a mate," he grumbled, sounding annoyed.
"What makes you think I care about some bitch that’s your mate? I’m supposed to be your mate, not who ever she is." Amy looked at Nick as frustration built up in him. She followed his gaze and her eyes landed over to me. She stomped toward me with Nick right behind, ready to kill her, but I told him to stop. I wanted to show just how strong I really was, that I wasn’t afraid of her. Austin ran up to Nick to hold him down so that he wouldn’t cause any harm to the obnoxious female.
Amy came up to me, screaming, but I simply blocked her out.
"ARE YOU EVEN LISTNING TO ME," Amy shrieked.
I knew just what I was going to say as I giggled to myself. "Sorry, I don’t speak slut," I cooed and with that, Claire, Nancy, Kelly, Austin and Nick burst out laughing from Amy’s shocked expression. Austin and Nick started to fall to the ground from their uncontrollable laughter. I started to giggle too, but as the laughter faded, I began to wonder what she was going to do next.
"You better to stay away from Nick because I deserve to be alpha female, not you."
I started to giggle after she said that. "Please, do tell me how you’re going to have Nick make YOU alpha female! Are you gonna drug him?” I grinned smugly at her, happy with my response.
"No, Nick loves me more then he does to you."
"Why can’t you get it through that thick head of yours that Nick has no interests in you? Did he not just tell you five minutes ago that he has a mate and to leave him alone? Why don’t you just go run along and find a new guy to cling on to?”
"That’s it! I thought I was gonna play nice with you, but I guess I’ll just have to use some violence to show you who should be the real alpha," Amy snarled.
Nick stopped breathing for a few moments as his jaw hung low in shock. Worried that I might get hurt, he started to fight off Austin’s hold, but I signaled for him to stop by raising my hand in his direction. After taking multiple deep breaths, Nick settled down, allowing me to fight my own battle.
I smiled at Amy knowing how foolish she’d look after I won. Too bad she didn’t know I was the strongest and most powerful wolf that existed and she was but a useless omega. Amy whipped her arm back, prepared to send a fearsome blow, but when she swung her arm, I quickly put my hand out and caught her fist in my palm just inches away from my face. Everyone stood there gawking at me, even Amy.
"B-but how are you stronger than me,” She question in a weak tone.
"Because, Amy, I’m a golden shifter. I’m stronger than any wolf alive, especially useless ones like you." I snorted, trying to hold in my laughter as I saw the look on her face. “That was a big mistake," I growled, my expression changing from amused to domineering. I twisted her fist, making her flip over and onto the pavement. Everyone stood there looking at me, so I shrugged, not knowing what to say to them.
"I suggest you don’t threaten me because I can do much, much worse. Would you like to find out?"
Amy quickly shook her head, unable to speak.
"I thought so. Now, go run along and try not to make me angry again. I was only going easy on you this time, but you won’t be as lucky the next. Also, leave Nick alone. He’s my mate, not yours," I snarled as she ran away in fear. The bell rang again, but every one was frozen in there spot, gawking at me with there mouths to the floor. I giggled at each and every one of their amusing faces.
"You should close your mouths. A fly might land in there," I said in a mock worried tone.
I walked up to Nick and shut his mouth for him. Everyone else eventually took in the events that just happened, following behind me as I walked up the steps to the school’s entrance.
I blew Nick a kiss and he winked at me in reply. I ran over to Claire, Nancy, and Kelly and saying: "Come on you guys. We’re gonna be late for class."
"What was all that about? It was really cool," Claire insisted as we walked together.
"I’ll explain to you at lunch".
After class was over, we walked to lunch. I saw Nick and Austin at a table waving for us to come over. I sat beside Nick, wanting to make sure Amy wasn’t stupid enough to come by again. I suddenly felt something warm on top of my finger. I looked down smiling as Nick watched me with a proud smirk on his face. We interlaced our fingers under the table, not wanting to show off to the entire student body.
"So, what was all that about with Amy," Claire asked.
I looked up at Nick and he nodded, giving me permission to tell Claire.
"Well, Nick and I are mates," I announced, a smiled spread across my lips as she stared at me.
"Really? That’s sweet. You’re my sister," Claire squealed with excitement. Nick put his arm around my shoulder to show that I wasn’t lying.
“Dude, please tell me your not going to go all lovey-dovey on me," Austin asked sarcastically, making me laugh.
"Wait, so does that mean she’s in your pack, Nick," Nancy asked.
He nodded in response with a mouth full of food.
"What’s a pack? Sorry to ask, but I don’t know much about werewolves. I just found out some stuff because my mom finally decided to tell me when I turned eighteen," I asked.
"A pack is a group of werewolves who are leaded by an alpha. In this case, I’m the alpha," Nick answered.
After school we all went to the pack house. I followed my new pack to the house as they led me through a stream of roads. I didn’t want to leave my mustang at school, so I had to convince Nick to drive alone and follow them to the pack. I had to say I was sort of nervous. I hoped they liked me.