I Miss You • Caleb McLaughlin

I sit in my room munching on some hot fries and watching Black Lightning. It was the end of the week and I didn't have school for a week because it was my Spring Break. My mom went on an ethnic trip, my brother is in New York, my sister is finally sleep, and my dad is downstairs watching football and drinking beer with his buds. So I was finally at peace.

"Last night I saw a super hero he was black he said this is for the streets Black Lightning's back." I sing along work the theme song.

"Finally." I whisper to myself. I lean back into my bed. My head almost hit the pillow when my phone went off. Someone was trying to FaceTime me.

I quickly do a mini seizure in my bed in annoyance and then sit up, yank my phone off its charger and press the Accept button.

The familiar face of my Mother pops up on the screen.

"Yes mommy?"

"Hey. How are you doing?"

"I was doing fine."

"Oh I'm sorry is me checking on you annoying you?"

"Well, yeah kind of." I say.

"Sorry then for wanting to see how my fifteen year old was doing."

"I'm fine mom. I was just watching Netflix and chilling."

"Is Chasity with you?" She asks referring to my best friend. I shake my head no. "No. I told you that she went to Paris with her family for Spring Break."

"Don't sound so jealous when I clearly asked you if you wanted to come with me to Costa Rica. I think my Spanish is getting better."

"Hey, pásame el altavoz."

"Did you just ask me to pass you the speaker mom?"

"No. I asked you to pass me the plates."

"Yeah no. Your Spanish sucks mom." I say. She sighs. "Well thanks for that."

"It's cool."

"So. Give me the details about you and your...friend."

"I don't know what you're talking about ma." I say taking sip of my bottled McDonald's frappé.

"You know what I'm talking about. You and your little boyfriend Caleb."

"Caleb isn't my "little boyfriend" mom." I say.

"So you mean to tell me that your little sister seeing you two kiss on the roof and you guys didn't date after that?"

"No mom. He hasn't asked me out yet."

"Hmm...well okay. Call me when he does."

"Ma, all we did was kiss. It's nothing serious."

"CALL ME!" She says and then hangs up. I laugh and put my phone down. I relax and resume my show. Then my phone goes off again. I ignore it and then power my phone off.

Thunder starts to sound outside and rain pours outside too. Finally some rain to comfort me and possibly put me to sleep.

About an hour later there was a tap on my window. I ignore it. It was probably the branches of the tree outside my window.

The tap comes outside the window a little louder making me jump. I sit up and look towards me window and see Caleb soaking wet.

"Oh!" I say and get up. I quickly open the window and Caleb falls in and wets my carpet.

"Aye, you're soaking my carpet." I point out. He looks up from the ground. "Really?" He sits up. I laugh and help him up.

"Dang you're wet." I say trying to hold in my laughs. He rolls his eyes. "I know I got some clothes over here. Where's my sweatshirt?"