i wrote this when i was missing alcohol

night out

          I'm a mess. I just puked for the third time in the last ten minutes and my body is starting to shut down. This small bathroom stall is now feeling like home. The cold, tiled floor is now starting to look like a comfortable place to sleep. As I was about to do so, the door of the bathroom stall bursts open.

"Karla, oh my gosh. I've been looking for you for thirty minutes. What happened to you?" A woman with bright blue hair appeared in the doorway. I forgot her name. I think it begins with P or something. All I know is that she's one of Lorie's sorority sisters back in college that she assigned to keep an eye on me tonight. That cousin of mine never trusted me around alcohol. Especially now that I just found out what my boyfriend was doing for the past four years.

"I don't know." That was the only response I could give her. I ignored her nagging as I turn my head back to the toilet to wait for another wave to come.

"Lorie is going to owe me big time for this. Why did I ever agree to babysit you?" she asked in frustration. She helped me up and led me to the sinks. As she was handing me a paper towel, I looked in the mirror. A girl with swollen eyes, smudged eyeliner, and crumpled red dress stared back. It took me a while before I recognized who she was; a sad, desperate girl.

         I spent seven years with Tristan. Seven long fucking years. I don't even remember why I fell in love with that asshole. False, I do. He's not even good looking. I'm lying. He's very handsome. I don't know why I'm still thinking about him. I don't even love him anymore. Wrong. I still love him very, very much.

"Fuck!" I yelled in frustration, "Even my thoughts are messed up."

"Aren't we all?" The blue-haired girl answered. I forgot she was still here. "Wanna share some really fucked up thoughts? I have a lot," she winked.

"Ew no. That's not what I'm talking about, you weirdo." I snubbed her as I tried to save the state of my makeup.

"Oh, I'm the weird one here? I'm not the one who's been yelling 'I'm a fucking princess' to every guy she sees." She said with raised eyebrows.

       What the hell have I been doing for the past two hours? All I remember is that it's my cousin's twenty-sixth birthday. It was at a semi-popular club called Ignite that had a hot bartender, according to her. She heard about my break-up and was kind enough to force me into dressing up after being in bed watching Golden Girls for too long. Oh, and it's also been three weeks since I caught Tristan's cheating ass with a red head.

"Pepper you don't really have to watch me all night you know. Go and have some fun." I said to Pepper. At least that's what I think her name is.

"It's Piper, genius. Besides, it's okay. I'm not that very social, anyway. I prefer to be the one taking care of the drunken ones." She dismissed with a wave of her hand.

"So, Piper, you don't drink much?" I asked while reapplying my lipstick.

"Nope. I'm a lightweight so I avoid drinking a lot."

"Good, cause I'm sober now and I want more shots. Come on!" I didn't give her protests a chance and dragged her out of the restroom.