Chapter 1 ○ Perfection

My life is absolutely perfect. I love myself, I have a gorgeous man who loves me as well, amazing parents, and a loving older brother who protects me like I'm an artifact. Everything a girl could ever want.

Or is it?

--------

I walk into my perfect, beautiful, room. Everything is different shades of purple and blue pastels. Perfect for a teenage girl like myself. I walk over to the window, admiring the fluffy white carpet in the process. The view is spectacular. It's a large pond, with lots of birds like swans and ducks. The pond water is a dark blue and there's a fountain in the middle of Aquarius pouring water onto a little boy.

"Jen!" My brother Russel calls for me from downstairs. "You need to come take your pill!"
"Okay! I'm be down in a second!" I shout back to him.

How could I forget about my headache medicine. I always get such bad migraines every night, it's so unbearable that sometimes I can't sleep. I exit my room and walk down the beautiful white marble stairs with a white rug going down the middle of the steps and a glass railing. My house is beautiful, most of it is white and very extravagant, with expensive paintings lining the walls, various sculptures and statues all around the house; it's a like a mansion. I walk through the entryway where the stairs end and turn to my left under one of the many Greek arches in the house. I enter the massive kitchen, with the continuation of the white marble floors and white marble counter tops with white cabinets. I walk over to the breakfast bar and sit on one of the barstools next to my sweet brother Russel. I stick out my hand, palm up, waiting for him to put the pill in my hand.

"Will you try to sleep tonight? Instead of writing in your diary all night." He looks at me accusingly with his left brow arched.
"Yes... okay fine." I agree hesitantly. I don't like sleeping.
"Good girl." He puts my pill in my hand and hands me a bottle of water.
I swallow the pill and jokingly lift my tongue, so he can see I swallowed it. "See? Now can I go to my room now?" I ask grinning at him.
"Yes yes." He waves me off and quickly ascend upstairs. "Oh your boy toy came by earlier. You were sleeping, so I told him to come back tomorrow. " He shouts up the stairs at me.
"K." I shout back at him.

Before I get into my room, I run into my wonderful dad. He's so nice and kind, he never gets loud or angry with me. Even when I burn pancakes in the morning.

"Daddy!" I hug him so tight it takes him a minute to catch his breath.
"Hey, Sugarbear! Feeling okay?" He puts one hand on my back and the other around the back of my neck, on top of my hair.
"Never better! I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight Daddy!" I give him another big hug before going back to my room.
"Goodnight Sugarbear!" He says I walk away from him.

I go to my wardrobe and get out my adorable pastel blue pajama set, and put them on, before crawling into bed. I hear Mommy talking to Russel outside my door, but I can't understand what they're saying. I don't really care, I just want to sleep. But I hear them say my name and now I'm getting curious. I get up out of my comfy bed and walk over to the door quietly. I put my ear to the door, straining to hear their conversation.

"She needs more." Mommy says to Russel.
"No she's fine. She's happy. Why ruin that?" It sounds like their argument is getting heated.
"Because that's not why she's here. She's suppose to get cured!" She says to him, her voice rising. Scaring me a little, I've never heard her get that loud before.

Get cured? Not why I'm here? What does that even mean? I walk back over to my bed before I hear anymore of a conversation I wasn't apart of and crawl under my pastel purple canopy bed. I quickly fall into a deep sleep.

A/N: I know it's not a lot, but it's just the first chapter. So bear with me. (I googled it, it is bear not bare, don't yell at me.)
Hope you liked it and are excited for the rest of the book!
Don't forget to vote, leave a comment, and follow!
Don't be a silent reader!
Stay golden!💜