The Only Chapter

"Austin my boy! Last delivery of the night!" Lorenzo shouted from the window of the pizza kitchen.

Nineteen year old Austin Larry rose up from his seat at the nearby table and pocketed his smartphone. Then, after aproching the counter that separated the kitchen from the rest of the pizza parlor, Austin let out a long sigh.

" Thank God. I'm so tried." He stated, slapping his hands down on the counter.

Lorenzo paused for a moment and crossed his arms over his tomato and flowered covered smock.

" I know. You've been working like crazy baby boy" he stated, taking in the younger boys red eyes and messy brown hair.

" Yeah, well the bills aren't gonna pay the selfs unc" Austin laughed.

"You're right about that, but you can't kill yourself for these checks eathir. Why don't you take tomorrow off? It'll be paid" Lorenzo suggested.

" I don't know about that. I'll take the day off, but being paid for it..... I don't it doesn't sit right" Austin stated rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well then why don't you take the company car and go into suburbs and visit that girl firend of yours. I'm sure she can make it feel perfect" Lorenzo laugh, wiggling his eye brows.

Austin paused for a moment as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Lorenzo had to be messing with him.

"You can't be serious?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I am SERIOUS. You work to hard. You need to have some fun. Live, love and be crazy or you'll grown to be old and bitter like my wife" Lorenzo laughed earning a slap to the head form his mrs as she walked by.

"You're the best Enzo" Austin declared as he set the pizza down and rounded the counter and wrapped the older man in a tight hug.

" I try" Lorenzo laughed giving the young boy a tight hug.

" I love you buddy" Lorenzo stated holding Austin tightly.

"Love you too. Now I'm gonna go deliver this pizza so I can get back hear and help you clear up" Austin told him.

" Don't worry about it. Just run that and go home and rest up" He stated.

Then after one last hug, Austin grabbed the last order of the night and the slip containing the address and a Code Red Mountain Dew from the fridge, he headed out the door. Then, after gently setting the food in the passenger seat, Austin jumped into the passenger. He then pulled on his seatbelt, cracked open his drink and cranked the car to life. Then, after bunching the address into his phone and plugging aux cord into the phone, he started the GPS and took off.
The drive was a bit far but Austin didn't mind. The roads were mostly empty and the cool breeze that flowed throughout the car felt amazing on his skin. Then, after about an hour or so, Austin pulled up to a large brick apartment building and parked at the curb. He then shut off the engine and hopped out of the car and grabbed the five pizzas and two, two liter sodas from the backseat. Austin then headed up to the house and rang the door bell before waiting a bit. A moment later the door was yanked open causing a cloud of smoke to rush out of the building, slapping Austin in the face on it's way out. Then, once the smoke cleared he came face to face with two fairly skiny, shirtless men.
The second the aroma of marijuana coupled with the two guys and idiotic expressions allowed Austin to piece together what was going on.
Instead of saying anything he simply continued the standard delivery process. The first guy took the food while the second one paid for it and handed over a handsome tip. Then, once the transaction was complete, Austin pocketed the money.

"You two enjoy that pizza" he stated, before leaving.

"Wait! You can see him too!" The first man shouted, as he turned around and began bouncing up and down like a small child after being told they were going to Disney world.

It was in that instant that Austin began feeling dizzy. The porch began breaking under his weight causing a black hole to appear. Then, like a vacuum, the whole began to sucking him in. He attempted to run but no matter how fast he moved his feet, he seemed to remain in the same spot. Then, just as he was about to be swallowed up, he jumped up causing him fall forward. Luckily his girlfriend, Sarah was standing beside him and grabbed him before he fell.

"Baby, you okay?" She questioned helping him over to the couch.

"Yeah, I just had a weird dream. I was on my last delivery of the night, and...."

"Wait, what were you delivering?" She questioned.

"What do you mean what was I delivering? I'm a pizza boy" he stated, looking at her as if she'd grown a second head.

"No you don't." She declared confdenly.

"What the hell are you talking about?! Yes I do. I work for Lorenzo at the pizza place downtown." He argued back.

"No. You don't babe. You're a lawyer" She told him slowly.

"What the hell?! A lawyer. That's imppossible I'm only-"

Before Austin could finish his sentence, the floor began to open up causing his eyes to tripple in size.

"Oh no, not a agaiiiiinnnnn" he yelled as he began falling.

Then, just like the time before, he found himself falling into a dark hole. Then, again he shot out of seat only this time he was back at the Lorenzo's sitting at one of the tables.

"Woah, woah. It's okay. You're okay" Lorenzo stated, placing cool hands on Austin's cheeks.

Looking around, Austin could see that the shop was closed and it was still night time, like in the dream, or better yet dreams.

"I think I should drive you him baby boy" Lorenzo stated looking at the boy.

"Yeah I think so too" Austin agreed.

So after closing down the shop, Lorenzo took Austin home.

A pond arriving in his apartment, Austin stripped out of his work close and instantly went and curled up in bed with his girlfriend, Sarah.