Hey

Matt's POV  (Matt is 9)

Mello had gone off to do something, leaving me alone. I wasn't complaining. I had my game boy colour. I was just about to complete a level when I heard someone walking next to me. Without looking up I realized it wasn't anyone who was normally at Wammys. They wore black ankle boots, no-one else here did. They sat down next to me and to my surprise, didn't ask any questions. I was expecting them to annoy me or put me off my game, but instead they calmly watched. I raced through the level and turned to the person next to me. She had H/L H/C and beautiful eyes. "Hey" she smiled at me. I felt my face heat up slightly, I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. "Hey, my name's Matt." I said, awkwardly offering her my hand. "Y/N" she said, shaking it. "Are you staying here?" I ask, really wanting to get to know her more. "Yeah, my Aunt who I've lived with all my life commited suicide a few days ago. And now I'm here." She did really unenthusiastic jazz hands. I laughed slightly. "Who are you staying with?" I asked. "Near?" She answered. "Oh, his room is next door to mine and Mellos." I smiled. She smiled back at me. "Want to play some mario cart in my room?" I asked her. "Of course!" She shouted, standing up and letting me lead her up the stairs to my bedroom.

2 races later we were both sprawled out on my bed in weird positions while she was somehow beating me. She was amazing. When she won overall she jumped up and down and did a tiny victory dance. I laughed at her as I swung my legs down to sit properly on my bed. "I guess I'm better than you" she smiled and stuck her tounge out at me. "Hey, one more round" I said, dragging her back onto my bed. She laughed at me as she fell and my side. Neither of us being bother to get up or put another game in. We sat for a while just listening to the victory music. I kept looking at her, how pretty she was, and how I felt like I'd known her for ages.

Suddenly Mello burst through the door. "Who?" He demanded, pointing at Y/N. "Y/N" she said, obviously slightly taken back by the sudden outburst. "This is Mello, he shares a room with me." I explained. Mello just grunted and grabbed a chocolate bar out of his bedside cabinet. "Is he always like this?" She whispered. "No" I whispered back. "Yes!" Mello shouted. I knew it was going to take a lot of convincing but I knew they'd become friends soon enough.