The Emerald Necklace

Chapter 1

Ebony's mother committed suicide when she was five and her father hits her. Ebony suffers from anorexia, and she's been cutting herself since she was six. When she was 13, she decided to run away from all of this only to land herself in more trouble a year later.

(One year later)

It all started when our predictably heroic main character, Ebony Blackthorn, woke up in a tree feeling her usual depressed self. It was the fifth time this had happened this month. A live grenade appeared out of thin air, and without a second though she back handed it away from her. Feeling frantic about the looming crisis, she realized that her beloved emerald necklace was missing! Immediately she called her redheaded friend, Aziar Redthorn. She had known Aziar for 10 years. When Ebony ran away from home, Aziar went with her. Aziar was unique. He was outgoing though sometimes a little...abrasive. Ebony called him for the situation was urgent.

Aziar picked up to a very upset Ebony. He calmly assured her that most spotted wolf hamsters sneeze before mating, yet legless puppies usually earnestly yawn after mating. He had no idea of what that meant; he was only concerned about about distracting her. Why was Aziar trying to distract her? Because he had snuck out from Ebony's house with her necklace only 2 days prior. It was an enchanting little necklace...how could he resist?

It didn't take long before Ebony got back to the subject at hand: her emerald necklace. Aziar cringed when she brought this up, but reluctantly, he invited her over assuring her that they'd find the necklace. So Ebony go on her giraffe and disembarked immediately. After hanging up the phone, Aziar realized that he was in trouble. He had to find a place to hide Ebony's precious and expensive silver necklace. He had t do it fearlessly. He figured that if Ebony took the more scenic way, she would have to take at least 15 minutes before she would get here. But if she took her jet black motorbike, then Aziar would be screwed. It was fast. Very fast.

Before he could come up with any reasonable ideas, Aziar was interrupted by six clueless penguins that were lured there by the necklace. Aziar grimaced: 'Not Again', he thought. Feeling relieved, he fearlessly reached for a carrot and recklessly hit every last one of them. Apparently this was an adequate deterrent -- the discouraged critters began t scurry back towards the didease infected jungle, squealing with discontent. He exhaled with relief. That's when he heard Ebony's motorbike rolling up the drive. She was here.

Chapter 2

As she pulled up, she felt a sense of urgency. She had to make an unexpected stop at iHop to pick up 12 hamsters on the way. With an inept leap, she was off the motorbike and at the front door.

Meanwhile, inside Aziar was panicking. Not thinking, he tossed the necklace into a boxof dull pencils, and then he slid the box behind his stuffed whale. He was angry but also relieved that he found a place to hide her necklace.

The doorbell rang.

'Come in' Aziar ecstatically said. With a skillful push, Ebony opened the high wooden doors and yelled up, 'SORRY FOR BEING LATE, I WAS BEING CHASED BY SOME SPITE-TOTING JERK IN A GAS-GUZZLING. ECOLOGY-DESTROYING, TANKISH-LOOKING SUV AND I ALSO STOPPED OF AT IHOP.' 'IT'S FINE' Aziar assured her. Ebony walked up the stairs and into Aziars room. She took a seat just under where he had hidden the necklace. Aziar grimaced, trying unsuccessfully to hide his nervousness. 'Uh, can I get you anything?' he blurted. Luckily for Aziar, Ebony was distracted. A few unsatisfying minutes later, Aziar noticed that Ebony's face was scrunched up. Ebony slowly opened her mouth to speak. '...What's that smell?'

A/N- That's all for now. I wont post the next part until I get either atleast 1 vote or 1 comment. I know this has got of to a slow start, I'm sorry about that but the next part gets more interesting. Especially towards the end.

Sorry if the title isn't that good, I wasn't entirely sure what to call this story.

Bye!