Chapter three

Three hours of driving in complete silence and the car finally slowed down. We pulled up in front of large, secure looking, metal gates. On the drivers side of the car was a pin pad, in which Mr. Moretti reached out and typed in the longest combination ever. When he finished, there was a loud buzzing sound and the gates opened. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw inside those gates. We pulled into the driveway of an obviously extremely expensive mansion. From the angle of view I had on said mansion, it had to of taken up thousands of square footage along the land. I couldn't see any details on the sides or back of the mansion due to its size, only the clean cut grass and the stone fountain in the middle of the roundabout driveway.

As soon as the car came to a stop Mr. Moretti was quick to exit the car, slamming the door shut behind him. He walked around the front of the car and came to my side, opening the door. One of his large hands clamped around my upper arm and yanked me out of the car.

He hastily walked with me up to the double doors of what I was assuming was his house. When we reached the doors, he got out a set of keys and unlocked them. Once inside the insanely large mansion, we were greeted by an older looking lady.

"Antonio, my boy! What took you so long I-" She stopped mid sentence as her eyes finally landed on me, "Who's you're new friend?"

Wait! Antonio? Now I know why his last name sounded so familiar! I am so, so very fucked.

"Y-You're Antonio M-Moretti? As in m-mafia leader, Antonio Moretti?" I stuttered out, my voice filled with nothing but utter fear.

I heard about Antonio all over the news on the t.v. back at the orphanage. They never showed pictures of him, only scenes of the horrible things he would do. Sometimes the stuff he did was so bad, they weren't legally allowed to show it; but that didn't stop them from describing every horrid detail.

"Obviously." He rolled his eyes at my pathetic sounding voice before replying to the old woman, "She's not my friend. She's a new servant so I suggest you get her situated and away from me. She's already on my nerves and I have work to attend to. I'd like dinner done by six."

Before he walked off, the old woman did something I didn't expect. She smacked him upside the back of his head. Hard. Holly hell. Does she have a death wish?

"What the fuck! What was that for!"  He yelled at her. Oh god, Please don't let him hit her.

"Get rid of the grumpy attitude! Whatever has you knickers in a twist has nothing to do with me and for gods sake, learn to use your manners!"

"Please." He grumbled. Well... that took a turn.

She narrowed her eyes at him but eventually gave in and nodded. As he walked out of sight the woman sighed and palmed her forehead. All the aggravation in her body seemed to just disappear as soon as she shot her head up to look at me.

"Hello, sweetheart! How rude of me to not introduce myself. I'm Dona, the head chef." She smiled kindly.

"I'm Madison." My voice came out in a hushed tone.

"Awe, you're so shy it's adorable," She cooed, "How old are you anyway."

"Sixteen." I whispered.

"Sixteen?! Why did you take a job like this at such a young age? You obviously know who Antonio is. Why catch yourself up in this?"

"I-I didn't."

"Wait, what? What does that mean?"

"A-Antonio bought me at an auction. I was k-kidnapped about a week a-ago." I hung my head in embarrassment.