A biting trouble

Through the howling gale of biting wind that ran it's way through the Gilnean streets, one could mistake it for the howl of a lost wolf. The wind hammered this night on one particular house. That being the house of Vivian and Lillian Amberhearth, the mothers of a young girl Katherin.

In the house the two Mothers were at their daily routine that they would go about in the night times when their work had run dry and  the two had their nights off. Vivian was messing around with Katherin and Lillian was busy cooking the night's supper.

As the night went on, the family would come to notice the repetitive skittering of what sounded like footsteps running across the roof tops, but the three girls, mainly the two women shrugged it off as rain, or the wind running across the roof-tiles. 

But eventually, through the later nights and as the family had finished their evening meal, and settled in front of the hearth for the night, a sudden slam came from the side of the house, startling the three and causing Vivian to jump up to her feet in surprise, sneaking her way over to the front door, peering through it's peephole. 

The sight from the other side horrified the retired guardswoman, causing her to stumble a little on the spot. What she saw was multiple Worgen standing tall as they prowled the area, one of which turned to look at the door as if it saw her through the centimeter wide peephole, causing Vivian to duck down quickly below, turning her head to look at her family.

"Lil', Kath, I'm gonna need you to sneak into the basement, ok? And lock the do-" but before Vivian could finish her sentence, the same hulking Worgen that saw her through the peephole broke through their front door as if it were nothing at all, sending the poor woman that was in front of it flying a couple of meters backwards away from the door.

The Worgen turned his sights to the other two, that were scrambling down the basement and made a break to head after them but he was soon interrupted by a knife piercing his thick coal coat, thrown by the Red-headed Vivian, who tossed the nearest thing that she could find towards him "GO I SAID! I'll join you later!" Vivian screamed at the other two before she ran her way up the narrow staircase, trying to gain distance between herself and the chasing Worgen, now intent on her as his prey. Lillian wasted no time in following her wife's orders as she slammed the hatch and locked it, cradling her crying child.

Though injured, and chasing a relatively thin girl through a narrow hall, the Worgen caught her, latching his strong jaw down onto the back of her neck, causing her to let out a loud scream of pain, accepting it as her end.

The grim Worgen turned his head, looking away from the woman with one paw holding her down as he released his maw from her neck, soon breaking off of her and running out of the house, leaving the woman to crawl her way towards the nearest medical box that they owned, but to no avail as the pain proved too much for her, causing her to fall limp in place, accepting either death or transformation as her eternal curse, just happy in the knowledge that her family was safe from harm.