8

The morning came faster than it ever has. I had what seems to be 12 hours of sleep. I heard a knock on my door. "Hey it's Lach, can i come in?" "Sure" i said as i was fixing my hair. "Flame will be here any minute. Are you ready?" I was. I really really was. "So about what you said last night. What did you mean by 'stronger feelings'?" I know he knew what I meant but i explained anyway. "I like you as in more than friends. You love rowan and there would never be an us. The center is just completely changing who i am and i dont like it. i need Flame to change it ASAP." i said quietly as if i cared who knew. "Flame will be here soon. But who said there would never be an us?" He said carelessly."I mean you don't really seem to like me like that. Why do you even ask that anyway?" I said, anxious to get my surgery done. "Maybe there will be an us. In the future. You'll just have to wait and find out." He said turning towards the door. "Let's go, Flame is here for the surgery."

We get to Flame and she starts asking questions. "How long have you had the lenses in? Are you on any medications? Have you done any drugs in the past 30 days that could conflict with the anesthesia?" All of which are easy to answer."I've had the lenses in for about a week, I don't take any medications, and the only known drug I've taken in the past 30 days is the anesthesia from getting the lenses put in" I answered quickly. "Okay, we've only got one shot at this" she slips the plastic mask over my face and I start to doze off. The last words I heard were "be quick. We have to hurry" from Lach.