~Your Absence~

A/N: Whew! My first story in the oneshot collection! It's actually one I already wrote but I tweaked it just a bit cuz it was kinda wonky. I really hope you stay and enjoy some more of this beloved ocean man. OH! Also, Jolyne's not in here because when i wrote this i was unaware that Jolyne had already been born when DIU happens so I guess this is kinda AU??? Sorry about that. ^^" Anyway, hope you enjoy!

"(name)."

"(name)!"

You jumped in your seat at the sudden voice, "Huh?" You looked up from your plate, the brunette woman in front of you folding her arms, "Did you hear what I said?"

You looked at the plate in front you and searched for an excuse, but you quickly gave up,

"Sorry, Tomomi." You said with an embarrassed smirk.

Tomomi sighed.

You had been acting like this all for the past couple of weeks now. You were distant and often zoned out in your own thoughts, but Tomomi knew why you acted this way.

Tomomi's posture relaxed, "He's still gone huh?"

Your eyes fell, the sea bream on your plate making you nauseas. It had been 4 months since Jotaro had left for Morioh. Sure it wasn't years, but this was your first time being without him and you missed him more than you thought. Of course, he's call from time to time, but that just wasn't enough for you. You needed to see him and feel him. You needed him here.

Tomomi grasped your hand, "Don't be sad, (name). He'll be back in no time."

The sweet look in your friend's eyes comforted you, but only a little, "Thanks, Tomo."

She nodded, "Now let's finish up. We still have a lot to do."

Your lips smiled weakly and going against your appetite, you took a bite of fish

'Salty...'

~

After all the errands were done, Tomomi offered to walk you home. She knew how much you loved the quiet brute of a man and seeing you down like this made her heart pang. All she could do for now was be there for you, and be there she shall.

Hands full of groceries, you managed to shuffle your keys out of your pocket.

"Hey, (name)?" you felt a gentle touch on your shoulder,

"If you need anything, just call."

You smiled, looking over your shoulder at your friend of 12 long years, "I will...bye Tomo."

She nodded and made off on her own path. A loud sigh escaped your lips once she was out of sight and turned the knob. Once again, you shuffled into an empty apartment. The air was heavy with an uneasy silence. Your energy was low from running around all day, but you managed to muster enough energy to finish off your day. Dinner, laundry, dusting, a little TV. That was your evening. No emotion, just numbness.

You trudged to your room, no, you and Jotaro's room. The dark corners and dull walls gave you chills. You let yourself fall on the crisp covers of the bed. Your eyes shift to the left side of the bed, Jotaro's side. Your fingers glided over the subtle indentions of his pillow. You closed your eyes, inhaling the room's fragrance. It was there, a vague smell: A mature ocean breeze, briny yet refreshing. His scent. An image of your love faded into your mind. Those wondrous blue eyes and handsomely chiseled face stared at you.

'Jotaro...'

His face began to blur, the vision fading until there was nothing but a silent darkness.