3

I didn't sleep a wink that night.

My mind was restless -- I was running and running, tired but never stopping.

Hours before the sun started to rise I decided to take a walk outside.

Still in my night robe I tried not to make a sound as I made my way slowly outside through the back door of the kitchen. Tiny droplets of water coated my glasses, I pulled the hood over my head. Tucking my hands inside the pockets, I walked on the sidewalk for as long as my legs can take me.

I stopped in my tracks numerous meters away from the house. With a heavy heart I tilted my head up, closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air of dusk.

My heart finally bursted, my eyes worked on their own accord, releasing the waterworks I've held in for so long. I cried out loud in despair and anguish for the things I missed and will miss in my lifetime, I cried for the lost opportunities and lastly, I cried for my parents.
I got on my knees and prayed to God for a miracle; I prayed for happiness after all that pain, I beseeched for content, joy, and love.

My eyes were puffy and my nose was red by the time I calmed down, wiping my face with my hands I looked up trying to discern the unfamiliar ground.
I looked around with hazy vision only to see copious trees and mud beneath my body.

I perked up instantaneously as I felt a prick on my neck and before I know it, I felt lightheaded, my eyes roll to the back and hit rock bottom in more ways than one.

-
excuse this short chapter, I had to post something.
~Thank you for reading.