Quarter Past

Someone important had once said, "Time flies like an arrow. Once it is taken out from the quiver and shot from the bow, nothing can stop it and the impact it leaves behind is forever etched in our life."

Well, it seemed an accurate depiction of her situation right now. It's been three months since the unlikely meeting of Jemma Simmons happened with Harry Potter and since then her life had been irrevocably changed. She was an eleven-year-old girl who had a friend that no one else could see. It sure sounds like the life of a little child to have an imaginary friend to keep herself entertained and escape from her loneliness.

But curiously, in this case, the imaginary friend of the little girl was very much real.

Since their bizarre meeting and the unconventional friendship they had made, Jemma had been scouring through volumes of books to explain why her friend cannot interact with the real world and how she could fix him. Because that's what she did best. She was good at fixing people.

But unfortunately for her none of her readings bore an answer. She may be a child genius but even she had difficulty while comprehending the intricate layers of quantum mechanics. No matter how much she delved into these subjects, she could never get a clear answer. Some of the books she had scoured had mentions of the metaphysical projection, but they were all still theoretical concepts whereas she needed an actual practical solution for her friend.

It was good that her parents were very accommodating of her various scientific urges. The incident three months prior had given them a major scare, but they were getting over it, bit by bit. At least they hadn't hired private security for her, which would have been useless anyway.

There were plenty of things she had to do to keep her busy at the moment. Most of it included her research on quantum physics. But above all, she missed her ghost friend.

While Jemma had been purging through mountains of library books, Harry had been traveling around the world to find any trace of the magical world that might be hidden.

Harry was still resistant to the idea that he could be fixed. He had accepted the fact that he was not dead, I mean how could he be? He could still interact with the real world if he concentrated hard enough. It was all about his will, just like he had fought for the control of his mind years ago. He could not be dead. But still, he did not think he would get his body back from any research that Jemma did. In fact, he didn't think that he deserved to have a body. But he was still searching for any clue of magic hidden somewhere in this alien yet so familiar world, looking for a way to keep himself sane.

He didn't share any of his worries with the little girl he had befriended. He didn't want to take away the spark from a young mind.

He would visit her from time to time during these trips, largely due to the schedule that she had planned out for him. Today was one of those days.

Jemma was having a break from her studies and the mountains of research she was doing when a very familiar voice called out to her.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school little minx?"

Harry was standing in front of her in a brand new set of clothes and a trimmed haircut. Jemma was startled for a moment.

"In case you didn't notice, it is Sunday."

She gave him a once over and said, "Where did you get that jacket and pants and how in the world were you able to put it on?"

It was a valid question on her part. In the three months, she had known her friend he has been able to interact with some small objects if he concentrated enough. He could pick up books and read, he could open doors if he wanted but the one thing that eluded them was a change of clothes. For three months Harry had been wearing the same clothes that he had been found in when they first met. Being an incorporeal being had its perks after all as he didn't even have a bad odor during this time. He was unbelievably clean for someone who had not had a change of clothes or haircut in the last three months. God knows how long ago he had one of those before he came here.