Through The Rain and Tears

The Only Prince bay by Unwanted out of Emily The First

Unwanted bay stallion by Monster Crime out of Anne Bree (by Medaglia d'Oro)

a failure at two, Unwanted blossomed when he won the Risen Star Stakes and Wood Memorial, even though he had won the two major races Unwanted had been set up as the 80-1 longshot in the Kentucky Derby and breaking from the 18 post. The track was muddy and a Storm was over head, Unwanted had almost thrown his rider at the start and got left behind in the slop, he soon came around the field 8 wide and closed on the leaders in the home turn and stretch, Unwanted just passed heavily favored Prince Sham before the wire and won by a head. In the Preakness, Unwanted was still the longshot with 14 horses running in the Preakness, Unwanted was 20-1 and breaking from post 14, the favorite was Prince Sham at 2-1, the track was fast and it was hot, at the start Unwanted again stumbled and was left behind, but again in the turn he ran around the field and came out 6 wide and the match started again Prince Sham and Unwanted, at one point it looked like Unwanted had lost it all but bounced back and beat Prince Sham by a neck. The Belmont Unwanted was 5-1 Prince Sham was 2-1 there was 8 horses in the field, Unwanted gate 7, Prince Sham gate 5 the track was sloppy, Unwanted broke perfect and went right to the front with Prince Sham, Unwanted let Prince Sham to the lead and sat second, home turn Prince Sham started to fade and Unwanted put it into full gear at the top of the stretch and opened 4 lengths, then 6, then 8, and 10 and 12 and he crossed the finish 14 lengths in front. He was the Triple Crown winner of 2019. He went on to win the Jockey Club Gold Cup, and Breeders Cup Classic, and was honored with the Horse of the Year, champion three year old colt and the Wanted Stakes. Has sired The Most Wanted, Courageous, Bounty Hunter, Creatology, Bonnie The Wantie, and Uncontrolled.

Emily The First chestnut mare by First War out of Emmy's Love-read book one of "Through The" series