Chapter 1: My Upside Down World

Beep...Breath_

Beep...Breath_

Beep...Breath_

"Dont worry mom ill find a way to get the money" i sniff and stroke her hair

" Lo se mija. ( i know daughter)" my mom smiled. My sister was crying beside me. i sniff one more time and wipe my tears. " Ok mom i have to drop off Raven at school then go to mine after school we'll come back ".. Raven wiped her tears with the sleeves of her sweater and grabbed her bookbag. i grabbed my  bag. i kissed my mom's forehead and hugged her , Raven did the same.

"ok lets go Raven" she nodded. My sister hasn't talked since my dad died. She saw my dad been shot. She was crying and speechless. So she hasn't talk since. When she wants to tell me something she sends me a text.

And at school since they are not aloud to use their phones she carries around a notepad at school. The school understands why she wont talk. ...My mom she has lung cancer for smoking ..i tell her to stop or take it away from her she tells me she cant stop smoking and keeps doing it until she started coughing and ended up in the hospital. Shes going to have a lung replacement surgery. Im the responsible one on paying the bills. I have to pay the house bill ..which is due. i need to find a job but i dont know where.

I dropped off Raven to her school. My dad before he died he bought me at dark red ?...i think maroon color 2013 Nissan altima car. I miss him. I parked my car i grabbed my bag and went to my locker. "Hey Sam how are you doing?" my best friend Juana said. "Im good just that i need to find a job to pay all the bills, some job that pays very well." I told her .

"Well i know a place you could work for a while.." i closed my locker and we started walking to our first class which is language arts. "... i was driving by the new café and noticed the Now Hiring sign." she finished telling me. "Oh sounds great Juana, good thing the school year is over tomorrow." We picked our seats which was next to each other.

Juana has been my best friend since she moved next to me. She has been there for whatever thing im sad or mad about something and she makes me forget. " Ok class i know that school is over tomorrow so i guess you can get a free day-" everybody jumped up and started yelling yay, i stayed siting down."BUT! {everyone silenced} Only For this Class {everybody awwed} Got It, I dont want it to be blamed on me and you stay in this classroom dont go out of that door ill be here and watching you." Mr.Kim told us. everyone started scooting their chairs back talking to other people others doing basket ball shooting with paper into the tall metal trash can. Juana said she was going to go talk to her cousin Emillee. I put on my head phonesand started listening to music until someone tapped my shoulder.

I removed my earners and looked at the guy with curly brown hair and green beautiful eyes. “Hey" he said with his accent. "Hi" I said with my boring American accent. "what are you listening to?"he asked. I wanted to listen to music but I didn't want to look like a loner and I didn't want to leave the cute guy hanging. "Music" I reply. I put in one earbud