Chapter 3

I've been lazy lately, and the olympics aren't helpingg.. haha. xP 

but this is up now, so be proud of me! :D 

-Janine xx

----------------------------------------------

*Harry's POV

When I got the call, I instantly felt as though I was going to throw up and faint at the same time. I felt the blood drain out of my face and my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. I almost dropped my phone out of complete and utter shock. 

"Harry, are you there?" Niall's worried voice came through the phone. I quickly swallowed, and held the phone in my other hand.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here, mate," I replied, absolutely shaking and paralyzed.

"I'm not even sure what happened, mate," Niall said. I could hear his voice shaking, then finally cracking at the end. I heard sobs and I knew it was all my fault. Right as Niall had said something, I knew it was me. If she was dead because of me, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. "All I know, i-is that she got i-in a-a crash, and i-it did-didn't look p-pretty." He was coughing out every word painfully between each sob. 

"I'm coming now, mate," I said, eerily calm. I felt so hollow inside. "See you."

"Y-yeah," he replied shakily. "See y-ya."

I hung up, and grabbed my keys. I ran out my door, and pounded on Liam's. Liam opened the door, and the look on my face turned his smile into a look of horror in about two seconds. "Mate, what happened?" Liam asked, looking as pale as a sheet. 

"Something very bad," I replied as Lou came to the door. I was jittery. I needed to see if she was okay. I needed to make sure nothing happened to my only love. "It's Avery. She's been in an accident. And I think it was all my fault." They stared at me like I was crazy, then they ran out the door, not even bothering to put jackets or shoes on. I ran after them, and down to my car.

"Now, how was this your fault?" Lou asked. We hadn't spoken in almost three weeks, and it was a bit awkward for a second, but with this crisis, we had no time to dwell upon it. 

"I texted her, asking her if she was here yet," I replied, maniacly driving down the interstate. "Damn me and my fucking stupid impacience. She could be dead, and it would be all my fault!" I wailed, tears streaming down my face. 

Liam patted my back, and I saw he had tears forming as well. "Mate, you can't go assuming things. She could be fine." And that statement was the only thing that kept me from losing my grip on life.

-

*Avery's POV

I woke up to someone yelling. I had the worst headache, and my eyelids felt like cinderblocks. I tried to scream out, to no avail. The yelling became even more frantic. This time I concentrated on what the person was saying.

"..And it's all my fault! She's practically dead because of me! I'm so bloody stupid!" I didn't know who was saying it, but I wanted them to stop so badly.

"Shhh, Harry, be quiet. Her heart rate, oh no. Oh no, where'd it go?! No, no, no, this isn't happening. Stay with me, Little Nialler." I tried so hard to concentrate on who said that, but still couldn't register it. I felt like my chest was going to burst, so I took in a huge breath. My eyes finally opened, and I was breathing heavily, looking around the room. I met a pair of blue eyes, and I choked out, in a low rasp, "Niall?" 

He looked at me, and I saw fresh tears pour down his cheeks. He ran over to me, and took my hand. "Yes? What do you need, baby?" He cooed, rubbing my hand.