Chapter 1

Riki's POV

   My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard screaming coming from outback. In seconds my body was through the door and searching, only to find Jules chasing a young Noah who was trying to run away the best a three year old can. Instantly I felt relief wash over me.

"Run all you want, I'm gunna catch you!" Julia's voice filtered in, it was calm. Almost as if she was at peace with my son. Leaning against the door frame, I watched as she played with Noah, as if he were her own. My heart swelled when a grin was plastered across her face. That's the first in months I've seen her smile. "Got you!" She giggled and made Noah fly as if he were a plane. His giggle made my entire body relax, and a smile soon met my own face. 

"She's going to be a great mother, I know it." Nonna spoke softly, watching from her seat. "They need to smarten up." Her tsk was a little intimidating, but she means well by them all. 

"Noah," my mother said gently, "time to eat!" That caught his attention quickly, soon making Julia set him down with a gentle smile.

When Noah disappeared from sight, all eyes were on Julia who sat at the table, sipping from a glass. Her hair was much longer now, if at all possible. She somehow managed to have another 'glow up', and seemed to be much more beautiful than when I first met her. She has been eating, and taking care of herself more since she's had time to herself considering. 

"What?" Her voice was empty again, that didn't last long. "You keep staring at me. I didn't do anything." 

"Nothing, babe. I'm just glad I have a sister like you." She nodded at my words with a half-smile. 

This is going to be the longest few more days of my life. Why can't the boys just be decent to her? She's been through enough as it is.

Alex's POV

I watched Julia from the door, playing with Noah, Riki's kid. He's already three now! It's insane that much time has passed already. Julia has been off for the last several months, and won't tell a soul what's wrong, not even Butterfingers!