Chapter 1

In the year 2025,a mysterious virus spread across the world,infecting over 80% of the population in a month.The virus would cause those that were infected to go into a zombie like state.Further information is unknown.

~Third person POV~
Abby paced back and forth in the dimly lit room.She had been hiding in her family's for the past three weeks,ever since her mother got infected.She had been living off the canned food and water but,supplies were running low.
~Abby's POV~
'Ok,I have four cans of food and 3 bottles of water,I wonder if the food would last long.'I thought to myself.I realized that I would have to eventually face my fear and leave the cellar for more supplies.I didn't plan on dying alone in a cellar because of my fear of what might be outside.

I grabbed my bag and my kitchen knife as I prepared to leave.I slowly opened the door to the cellar and I saw that the coast was clear and started walking to a small convenience store that was near my house.I noticed that the neighborhood was almost completely vacant.I assumed that the people were either infected or tried to leave.

As I was walking to the store,I was on high alert for any infected,I had my knife in my hand just in case I ran into one.As I turned the corner I saw one from across the street and ducked behind a trash can,hoping that it hadn't seen me.After a few seconds I peaked from behind the trash can to see if it was still there.But there it stood across the street,looking at me but not coming for me.

I found this weird and interesting since it can see me but,for some reason,it didn't come for me.From my hiding place,I quickly wrote down its behavior.After all, the more information I can get on these things,the better.I put my journal back in my bag and,cautiously,walked towards the run down convenience store.

To be continued...

(A/N)So,that's the first chapter and I hope that you all like it! ^-^