the only chapter

Life is hard. I beg my parents every day for a horse and it's always the same reply. Until one day.

Like always I walked home from school, checking the glossy silver mailbox as a walked inside. A letter for me. That's not something that happens often. Out of curiosity, I opened it carefully. 

It was all typed up, fancy looking, so I held it with both hands, away from my black brimmed glasses and it read;

Dear Lilith Azure,

We are excited to tell you that you are accepted to come to Jorvik. As you may or may not know, you are quite famous here. Very much a queen, might I add. Of course, you don't have to come but you would be warmly welcomed. If you do wish to come, you can board the boat from Nathemily pier tomorrow at 10am.

Sincerely,

Justin Moorland.

WHAT? JORVIK? I've heard of that place and it's where all the really good horse riders go. And Justin Moorland? He's like, my all-time crush! I can't BELIEVE I was invited to Jorvik... 

I was up all night thinking... waiting.... anticipating my arrival. I really tried to get to sleep, to make the night go faster so 10am could come sooner. My brain was whirring. What would I wear tomorrow? What would I say to Justin? I looked at my clock. 6am. Well, it'll take me 4 hours to choose an outfit so I better start. I slid on my glasses on and looked through my closet. Nope, I can't wear that... DEFINITELY not that. Hmm... Maybe that... Ah, yes I have to wear that...

2 hours later....

Finally! I found the perfect outfit!

Im wearing black horse riding boots with blue leggings, the same blue as my eyes, black shorts to and a white cropped top. It's a nice outfit, I hope Justin of all people likes it.

After what seemed like forever, it was 9:45am. The boat would leave in 15 minutes. Nathemily pier is just down the road so it won't take too long to walk down there.

5 HOURS LATER

Finally, I'm at Jorvik! Justin warmly greets me and lends me my first horse; Cinnamonspark, a dapple grey stallion. He said I should ride to Fort Pinta with him to practise. He also gave me a chocolate brownie! How sweet!

So I was riding on my horse when a stampede of people flooded the forest. They were holding cameras, of every kind. The flash scared Cinnamonspark so he fled, and I went right along with him. He slowed down after a while, though. We lost the crowd, thankfully. It was peaceful. I took a bite out of my brownie and suddenly felt... drowsy. I saw a glimpse of Justin, then I fell asleep. 

I awoke and suddenly noticed something was off, then realised.

"Crap, they took my kidney."