Stormy weather

You're lazily scrolling through your Instagram feed in your brand new L.A. house. The sound of the heavy rain falling is making you feel very nostalgic. You deeply miss your family and whether you like it or not, you miss you former friends too. The only thing that keeps you company is the sound of a TV show you're not even interested in and the light of the screen.

You've been living alone for a ridiculously short amount of time, but you thought you'd definitely be more excited to be pursuing your musical dream. Instead you've been spending your time being bitter about the way your so called friends have treated you when you left. They've never believed you could make it, neither they had ever tried to hide that fact from you. They told you outright that you were too shy to sing in public, little did they know that your music was the only thing about yourself you could never be ashamed of.

All they wanted was for you not to move away from home because they were afraid the glamorous L.A. lifestyle, along with all the bad behaviours associated with it would have changed you for the worst. You told them to fuck off, frankly your singing career was worth risking your mediocre character traits for and if they really loved you they would have been supportive. As soon as you called bullshit on them, they instantly lost interest in your friendship. In the end, they showed you how little they actually cared about you. They just wanted you to stay and keep being a pushover. Having you around was nothing more than a confidence boost. But even with all of that you can't help but wonder if they were right. Maybe I'm not cut out for this. You think as a sigh leaves your rosey lips.

A thunder startles you away from your intrusive thoughts and a sudden blackout throws you into a paralyzing state of terror. Everything is pitch black and the dark is your biggest fear. ''Fuck! '' You utter breathlessly. Your T-shirt feels several sizes smaller, you start gasping for air. You can't see the walls of your room, but you just know, they're getting closer. You jump off of your bed and desperately swipe on your phone to turn the flashlight on. The fear makes something in your brain snap and you rush out of your house, running barefoot on the street. After a short while the cold sensation of the rain soaking your hair and clothes makes you realize you're outside in the middle of a lightning storm. You turn to the nearest house you can see and you start banging on a glass door like a maniac, the light of your phone frantically shining back and forth.

''Please... please... '' You whisper, knocking with less and less energy as the seconds go by, tears streaming down your cheeks.

The door opens, a handsome blond guy is looking at you worriedly. ''Are you ok? '' He asks with his eyes wide open.

You suddenly feel calm, too calm, as you fall senseless into his arms.

-

You wake up, finding yourself laying on a comfy sofa, softly swaddled into a purple blanket. As you take a look around you see the boy you've probably scared to death frantically pacing across the living room, his arm raised to the sky to try and get some service, his tank top slightly lifted to reveal a V cut sculpted by Aphrodite herself. He notices you're awake and he rushes towards you, kneeling by your side. ''Thank God. '' He sighs.

"Was I out long? " You ask, unconsciously fluttering your lashes.

"A couple minutes... what happened? Is someone after you? "

"No. " Is the only word coming out of your mouth. You're too embarrassed to admit you've just had a manic episode. You come from a small town where mental illness is still sort of a taboo, people didn't seem to understand that you're sick, they'd just think you were weird or difficult or just looking to get attention. Little did they know that you'd rather be invisible than being known as the crazy chick. Bottling things up and never talking about it seems like the right thing to do, but you can't just lay there and not say anything.
You push the blanket off of your shoulders and sit up.