Are there any rules?

[journal above - ig - ghostly_t]

NO! There are no rules! The things I will list, you are not obligated to follow, it's just some advice to help you and you can create your own rules from these.

1. This is YOUR journal - it's private, filled with your thoughts, no one should look in it if you don't want them to. If a close friend feels the need to look in your journal, tell them and don't be a afraid to do so, tell them, no, you are invading my privacy. Some secrets are meant to be only for yourself.

2. Grammar is not important - you don't need to have perfect spelling, correct sentence order and on point punctuation when you write a journal. If you keep correcting your mistakes it puts more pressure to make your journal perfect, it doesn't need to be. As long as you understand what you are trying to say, that's all that matters, don't get too fussed on correcting yourself.

3. It's a hobby - I recommend for the first week of you starting your journal, write every day. If you see your self automatically writing in it every day after those 7 days, you know that it's something you will want to continue. (Btw you don't need to write every day) if you see yourself forcing yourself to write consistently, like ones a week, you know it's not really something for you. You'll want journaling to be something to do in your spare time, and it feels fun, if you don't feel that way, it's not for you. But don't get rid of it. Journaling inconsistently is absolutely fine. You never know when you'll need it next.

4. Be honest to it - this is definitely a rule you NEED to follow. If you can't be honest to a peace of paper, how can you be honest to yourself. Don't lie to it. You will look back to it the future and may think "oh that must have been a great day" but remember, it's YOUR journal, if you look at it in the future, you are the only person judging you. Don't lie to your journal.