A Storybook Recovered

"Kid, can you maybe back off for about five seconds and let me read?!"
This was the fifth time the child had trespassed on his home and it was starting to make him a bit mad. "We already agreed to this. You leave so I can finally get some relaxation. Now get of my hair! Scram!" The ghost picked up a chocolate chip cookie from the tray on the table beside his chair. Though they didn't quite remove the pains of hunger as souls did, hey were still very deliscious and reminded hin of more peaceful days.
The hat wearing child pulled out a book from within her hat (how she stored anything in there he didn't know. It must've been some sort of pocket dimension). The cover made him drop his food in shock,
"Where the hell did you find that sick twisted piece of garbage?!" He immediately snatched it from the child, opening it and beginning to read. With every word his glowing yellow eyes glossed ever his expression seemed to grow angrier and angrier. "I'm going to burn this disgusting thing." The spirit growled, "They would dare to tell such lies about what happened that day!"
The child was trembling. Of course, he didn't really care. Snatcher loved to be frightening. He loved to scare people, to make them scream and beg for their lives. It gave him control.
Now wasn't the time to be scaring a child though. Besides, he knew as well as anyone that they could kill him in a heartbeat, and if he was dead then that would mean nobody left in the forest would know the truth.
"Kiddo, there's something I need to trust you with." He stated, voice steady, "I'm not gonna hurt you during this, okay? If you want you can sit up here." He patted his lap softly. Though Snatcher abhorred the thought of adopting or even having a child (they would get in the way of his soul stealing work), he did like to show a bit of kindness to the ones who were strong enough to win back their souls.
Slowly the young child climbed up his chair and onto the ghosts lap. Reaching out, interweaving his memories with magic, he conjured a black covered storybook from thin air. "This is a bit of a long story, so be patient with me, alright? I'll stop if you fall asleep." Because it's important that somebody out there knows this.
He took a deep breath.
"Once upon a time, there was a wonderful kingdom in the middle of a lush forest. The king and queen were never well loved, and there were rumors that their daughter was a monster. Since the queen had fallen ill, it was important that her daughter had a husband, so that she herself would not be seen by the people. After several diplomatic arrangements, it was agreed to that she would marry the prince of a neighboring kingdom."
He looked down, noticing the child's confused expression. "This isn't a fairytale like you think it is. It's a story about pain, parenthood and heartache. About a mother and the one she would see as her son. And what would break their lives apart forever."