ᴘ ʀ ᴏ ʟ ᴏ ɢ ᴜ ᴇ

I've gotten used to the feeling of change by now.

Every day of my life for the past 4 years has been one day after the next, one foot in front of the other.

I used to be a normal girl, shy, sweet, innocent. I used to have a loving family that cared for me, friends I could confide in. I had a future ahead of me and it was all thrown away.

Ever since that fateful accident 4 years ago, I've never been the same. Quite figuratively, and literally.

But now, it's as if they're giving me a second chance. I have a chance to live a normal life. Sure, it's for a mission they're sending me on, but I get to be a normal person as my cover nonetheless.

I decided to keep this journal to log my days and to look back on the memories I'm going to make. I've never really been much of a writer, but I'll make sure to write every single day. This is too big of a chance to pass up.

And even though this is a journal, I should probably introduce myself and my story.

I have a ton of names and covers, but my real name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and I am 15 years old. Four years ago, I was walking home from my friends house down the street after a play date, until something from the sky drifted in front of me. A small orb of what seemed like energy, hovered in front of my face, before striking into my chest. I pass out, and wake up in the hospital...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

My eyes drift open as I hear my parents' worried voices, and a calming doctor voice.

"It's odd. All we can assume is that your child has been hit with lightning, and she survived. She is suffering from very slight bruising in her chest area, but other than that, she should be fine."

"Thank you Dr. Ranstein. We appreciate you for helping us at this hour."

2 men in tuxes walk up to the Doctor, flash some sort of badge, and talk to my parents about something.

My eyes, weak, shut closed. Everything around me drowns out again. The last thing I hear is my mothers confused yell as the doctor hushes her, and I'm back into my sleeping abyss. Too tired to care.

The next morning, I wake up in a room with white walls. Probably a hospital patient room.

The wall in front of me was especially white. It was awfully unsettling. I pull off the blanket, and I found myself wearing a white jumpsuit. Uhhh Okay...? Rubbing my eyes, I sit up putting my feet against the floor, and let out a large yawn.

A man in a doctors coat walked in, giving me a warming smile.

"Good morning Marinette. How are you feeling?"

I look around the room, and answer. "I'm feeling perfectly okay. What happened to me?"

"Let's go through some tests first. Shall we? Stand up."

I stand up, and I feel some sort of energy reverberating inside of me, pushing me off balance slightly. I steady myself, and look back at the doctor for the next set of instructions.

He looks at me, and scribbles something onto his clipboard, then says, "Now, do a hand stand."

That caught me off guard. "I'm sorry, a what? You want me to do a handstand? In here?"

He motions for me to continue, but I'm still standing. "Uh, I can't do handstands."

"Just try and see if you can do one."

I step back, making space, and lunge myself onto my hands. Instead of falling flat on my back, I stand perfectly still and straight on my hands, with perfect balance.