WINGS » My Letter For You

Broken wings, unable to fly.
Oh, what would I do without you by my side?

The pain and sorrow we've been through, 
but still I've managed to make it up to you.
No longer will you have to suffer by my hand,
now I've said my goodbye I hope you understand.

Dear hyung I sang for you, only to you, 
my love, so please don't cry because this was the right thing to do.
Remember that only death did us apart, 
and I loved you from the bottom of my heart.

TaeHyung read the letter his dear little bunny had wrote, holding back the tears because it was Jungkook's last wish, as his eyes now fell on the beautiful golden ring on his ring finger.

"Those were his last words?"
Jimin asked his best friend as he placed his hand on the now youngest member of the group's shoulder.

TaeHyung just nodded, still staying silent and trying so hard to think it was not his fault. Jungkook had mattered a lot to him, they were engaged so, of course, the maknae had, and TaeHyung knew that the signs were obvious. The maknae had been thinking too deeply about everything and had been eager to hear the words "I love you" coming out of TaeHyung's mouth more often so that in the end the older of the two had been saying it once in an hour to calm down the love of his life.

"I'm sorry. ."
The vocalist suddenly stated and TaeHyung's ears perked up at that, immediately looking up at him.

"What are you apologising for? It was not your f-fault. . "
The brown-haired boy mumbled, his voice breaking in the end as it was now even harder to keep in the tears and he just wanted to sob because his heart was broken, torn apart. How could Jungkook ask him to not cry? It felt impossible.

"A-actually nevermind... P-please just go J-Jimin, I t-think I need to b-be alone for a m-moment.." 
TaeHyung said after a small silence between them, feeling the walls break down and he didn't want anyone to see him cry because he thought he looked so ugly and disgusting, plus the only person who had ever seen him cry so hard was Jungkook when TaeHyung first heard about his grandmother's death.

Jimin only nodded, ruffling the younger's hair before walking out of the room to inform the other members that their TaeTae wanted to be left alone.

When the door closed, the brown-haired boy immediately broke into tears. The pain in his heart was too much for him to handle. "It's just l-like you said J-Jungkook. . W-we've been through a l-lot but what the hell d-do you mean by not s-suffering by your hand anymore?? I n-never suffered with you, I l-loved you and still d-do." he sobbed, struggling to speak those words as his heart broke into even smaller pieces.

"There w-was another o-option, you d-didn't have to do t-this and I didn't even g-grant your last w-wish. . I'm s-sorry. . ." TaeHyung spoke quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear him as he curled up on Jungkook's bed and let his scent fill his nostrils. Maybe that could help the feeling of pure need for the maknae and cure the wound, that was more like a hole, in his chest. It helped, but only a little. Then his mind had to remind that this bed would eventually lose the familiar smell of Jungkook in it. All the maknae's clothes were washed so there would be nothing left than the haunting memories.

TaeHyung couldn't live with this, he just couldn't. He looked around the room to find something to soothe him, the painted white walls, the black wooden cabinet and the matching work table and seat that Jungkook used to write lyrics on, the large bed that was only a luxury meant for the maknae who got his own room because of the rock-paper-scissors match. None of it helped the empty feeling and he just wished that he was able to fly, fly far away from the reality.

The brown haired boy slowly dragged himself to the table, the soft blanket wrapped around him as he sat down and grabbing some paper and a pen.

Broken wings, unable to fly. .

He started writing, just like Jungkook had written his entry.

What could I do without him by my side?
This cruel world took him away,
now I'm the one who's not okay.

Hyungs, I'm sorry.
The weight on my heart was just too much to carry.

I love you all and I know getting over two deaths is difficult,
but it's not your fault.

Life was cruel for us both,
so cruel it made us regret our birth.

I hope you all well and the armys too, 
just remember to tell them how of our wings finally flew.
We flew out of this world into our own new reality,
away from all the brutality.

We finally found peace, 
and now only hoping for the happiness to increase.

TaeHyung smiled sadly as he placed the envelope neatly on the table, heading to the bathroom and locking the door.

"It's better this way. . "
He mumbled, taking out the blade Jungkook had killed himself with from the cabinet where all HoSeok's medicine was located in. The brown-haired boy took a deep breath while placing the still sharp blade on his left wrist, taking a few moments just to calm down his heartbeat.

"3. . "
He pressed it against his vein, hard.

"2. . "
He dragged the blade up vertically a few centimetres, making sure it would definitely cause him to die from blood loss.

"1. . ."
TaeHyung smiled, deciding to leave one last message to everyone staying on earth and carved it in his arm.

He soon started feeling dizzy and weakly wobbled to lie down in the bathtub, taking his last breaths while looking at his bloody arm with a warm smile on his lips. Somehow, even if he felt cold and numb, his heart felt warm and the pain was gone.

"I'll be there soon, Jungkookie. We'll be together again. . Even death can't tear us apart. . ."
The brown haired boy sighed tiredly, all the power draining from his body and mind.

And those were Kim TaeHyung's last words.

*°*°*°*

THE END

A/N: and what he wrote in his arm will forever be kept a secret~ Lmao truth is I forgot bc this is a year old fanfic, forgive me