Chapter 1: The Start Of The Night

I breathed in the clean pure air as my foot kicked a small brown pebble around. The streets were dead but that was expected, considering how the late the night was. 

Maybe just a bite

I grabbed a hotdog from my plastic bag before popping it in my mouth. Just like how it used to taste, delicious. I cheerfully hummed as I walked down the path leading to my apartment. 

"What's a pretty girl here doing alone?"

I shifted my head towards the noise. A man clutching a wine bottle wobblingly made his way to me. I looked at him in disgust and decided to take no notice of his existence.   

Man: "Hey, Hey, Don't ignore me"

He reached his arms out but I managed to pull away. 

Me: "Sir, please go away before I call the police"

I said, clutching my teeth. All I wanted to do was to eat my snack and continue to watch that drama I was watching before leaving the house. If I continue to bother my time with him, my corndogs and fries will go cold. 

He scuffed in annoyance. 

Man: "Come on darling, let's just have some fun together"

He attempted to grab me but I quickly stepped hard on his foot. He cussed and before I could move,  he took hold of my plastic bag. 

Me: "Oh fuck off!"

I tugged on my bag, I ain't losing my precious babies. We began arguing in the middle of the streets while trying to take the bag away from each other. 

Man: "Why do girls even like girly guys anyways? What's so good about it?!"

He shouted while strongly pulling the bag. I gasped when I saw a slight rip.  

Me: "Maybe if you learn some manners, then girls would like you!" 

I screamed back at him, positioning my leg so I could kick him in the balls if this continued. 

"Oi, get out of the way"

The man jumped and looked back at a medium-sized figure behind him. Once he saw this figure more clearly, his face relaxed. 

Man: "What are you looking at shortie? Huh?"

He mocked the strange man while getting close to his face. I sigh, it's not like he was any taller than him.  

The man did nothing but stare at him which seemed to have provoked him. It seemed like he had forgotten about me but his grip was clearly there. 

Me: "Can you like, let go?"

The man was clearly angry. He took one step towards me, I blinked and the next thing I know it he was facepalmed on the floor and unconcious. The only thing remaining was the strange man's leg. He bends it down before placing it on the floor. 

"That'll teach you to not call me short"

He mumbled, just barely loud enough for me to hear.  

Now that the drunk man was out of the way, I could see the man's strong jawline and pumped lips. 

Shoot your shot Y/N, He's cute

Me: "Thanks for helping me, I guess"

I reached into my plastic bag and pulled out a corndog and a bag of potato chips. I arched my eyebrow at him.

Me: "Want one?"

He didn't response but just stared at me.

Me: "You know, you could just take one if you want" 

He reached out to the potato chips and sneered,

"Cheese and Onion"

Before turning around and walking off. 

Ew, so he's one of those people. 

I shuggled it off, he's missing out and has no taste in chip flavours. I began walking back to my apartment building making sure that I was quiet. My mother would kill me if she found out I was bing eating this late again. 

I noticed the door was unlocked. 

What, did someone break in?

I entered and was surprised to see the floor covered with tomato soup. 

Well it better be tomato soup

I grabbed a pocket knife from my pocket. Someone was clearly there and I don't welcome unexpected guests.