Chapter 1: She

Yes, Daddy. Of course I know I have to attend the meeting. I’ll be there early. I’ll be finish with this shoot soon, I’ll go home straight and see you tomorrow, okay? I love you, Dad and of course Mom. I’ll be home this weekend. Bye.” The young woman in black strapless dress rattled.

Park Sooyoung, also known in the modelling business as Joy, is the only daughter and heir to the Park’s conglomerate business of fast food and convenience stores. At 25, she manages several stores and is an active share holder. She is also a ramp and commercial model- something that she had asked as a favor from her parents. Her parents disapproved of her decision at first but she really worked hard to prove to them that she can still be a dutiful daughter, a business woman and a model all rolled into one. Her parent seeing that she really loves being a model has agreed overtime.

Joy, ready for the last shot?” the director approached as the makeup artist finished re touching her makeup.

Let’s go!” she cheerfully replied.

At eleven o’clock, the shoot finished and she bid good bye to all the staff.

“Joy, you can go ahead and I’ll pack all your clothes. I’ll bring it to your place tomorrow. Go and rest.” Her manager ordered.

“Thanks Unnie. I’ll call you tomorrow.” And she went ahead.

Unlike other heiress, Joy is frugal and is really hard working. Even if her parents can give her the top of the line car, she refused to have one and save to buy her own car of choice. She also manages the salary of her manager and the house hold help who drops by in her apartment once a week and all the utility bills. She now lives alone in an apartment in Cheondamdong- a gift from her parents. They didn’t want her to move out of their mansion but Joy insisted as she wants to become independent. As a compromise, she agreed that she will live in the apartment her parents choose and bought.

As soon as she walks in, her pet cat greeted her. Normally she brings Snow to the shoot but since she was sick last week, she decided to leave her at home. She feeds her first, play with her for some time before she showers and calls it a day.

At seven o’clock she was all dressed up- she wore a Max Mara wool dress and paired it with her favorite Jimmy Choo’s.  She drives herself to the Park Head office and readies herself for the shareholders meeting.

Good morning, President Park.” Joy adoringly greeted her father as she steps in his office before the meeting starts.

My lovely, Sooyoung." her father stood up and hugged her. His assistant brought the tea Joy asked and they had a father and daughter catch up before they head to the conference room.

The conference room was buzzing with stake holders but as soon as the Parks entered, everyone settled down. Joy chose one of the seats towards the back as she likes to observe everyone. It was a tough discussion on projects and review plans for half of the year. Joy was listening intently and when she saw a new face from the shareholders. She observed him carefully and reminded herself to ask her father later on who this fellow is.

The meeting ended at one in the afternoon, everyone’s already hungry and tired. Joy and her father were almost out the door when someone called and Joy was surprised to see the unknown fellow approaching them.

President Park, good afternoon.” The man greeted.

Good afternoon, Sungjae-ssi. It’s nice to see you again.” Mr. Park greeted.

“My father is still in Shanghai and my sister is still in New York so I attended today." Sungjae replied.

I see, well are you staying here for good or are you gonna be back in Seattle?”  The president asked.

“Father has to retire soon, President Park. I will take over our company here in Korea and Noona will be handling the ones in the US.” Sungjae explained

“Tell your father to visit me when he comes home. He still owes me a game of chess.”  Mr. Park told the young man and stopped when he saw Joy just watching them.

Oh my, where are my manners? I forgot to introduce the two of you."
Mr. Park squeezed her daughters’ hand in apology.

“Sungje-ssi, my only daughter- Park Sooyoung.”

Sungjae bowed and extend his hand for a hand shake.

Hello Sooyong-ssi, I am Yook Sungjae of  General Steel and Mining.”

“Nice to meet you, Sungjae-ssi.” Joy greeted as she took his hand.

Would you like to join us for lunch, Sungjae-ssi?” Mr. Park enquired.

Apologies Mr. Park but I have prior arrangement. I will be sending my engagement invitation soon and I hope your family could come.”

Sungjae bashfully informed the Parks.

“No worries, Sungjae and congratulations on your engagement.  Then we’ll go ahead as we have reservation?” Mr.Park replied.

Thank you President Park and it’s nice to meet you Sooyoung-ssi.” 

Joy smiled and utter a mumbled goodbye. 

Notes from PS.

Hi Everyone...let me know what you think of the story.Should i continue😀