Chapter 18: Away

The days after the incident, Sungjae tried to find more information about Niccolo. He found out that he is currently signed under the management where one of his closest friends owned. He cannot let what he did to Joy passed so he called his friend to advised what happened. Though he didn’t ask his friend to terminate his contract, his friend gave Niccolo a stern warning and if he will try to get back to Joy, he will cut ties with him.

Joy just finished an early photoshoot and was driving to her office when she received a call from her father. He’s asking for her to drop by at his office as they need to discuss an urgent matter. Fifteen minutes later she arrived and hurried to see his father.

“Princess come in.” Mr.Park greeted.

“Hi, father. Sorry if I still haven’t changed my clothes. I hurried since you said its urgent.” She greeted back.

I’m so used to seeing you all made up and yet everytime I can’t still believe I have such a pretty daughter.” Mr Park replied with a smile.

“Anyway Princess, I need your help. Remember, Seonhyo, the daughter of Yooks?”

“Of course, Dad. She is a close friend of mine. Why? What’s with Unnie?’ she asked.

“Seonhyo got into an accident in the US. It was a major car accident and she’s now in the hospital.What makes things worse is, when Mrs Yook heard of it, she was so shock and it triggred a heart attack. She is confined now in Seoul Medical.” Mr. Park advised.

That’s a big shock, Dad. I was just talking to Unnie the other day. And Mrs. Yook, its really sad to hear.” Joy exclaimed in empathy.

“It’s really had for the Yooks at this moment. Sungjae will be flying to the US tonight while his father stays with his mother. Sungjae is very concern about the launch of the business in Busan and he asked if you can manage everything for now.”

Of course, Dad. Definitely. We can handle this on our own. Just tell him that.” She assured his father.

“Thanks, Princess. I know I can count on you.”
.
“I’ll go and change in my office, Dad. I’ll see you home this weekend.” And she hugged her father before making her way out.

Joy was already deep in her work when she glanced at her phone and remember what her father told her. She reached for her phone and dialed Sungjae’s number. It was ringing for a while and just went she was about to drop the call; her call was picked up.

Hi Sooyoung.” He greeted.

Sungjae-ssi, I heard of what happened through my father. I’d like to assure you that you don’t need to worry about the launch. I hope Unnie will be okay and so as Aunt. Please send my well wishes to them.” She told him

Thank you, Sooyoung.I appreciate it and I’ll tell Noona and Mother. I must go now though. I need to fix some things before I leave.” Sungjae answered in a sullen tone.

Okay. Goodbye.” She was about to cut the call, but she gathered her courage and spoke.

Sungaje-ssi, please take good care of yourself. Your family needs you now.”

He uttered a sincere thank you before she again bid goodbye.

Joy was very busy looking after the launch in Busan. She decided to rent a hotel with her staff so they will have enough rest for all the preparation.
The night before the press conference, Joy decided to call and update Sungjae. Her call was answered at the 2nd ring.