Break-Up pt. 1 | Ariana Grande (1)

* * *

* * *

You and Ariana had gotten in your worst argument ever last night, which did turn into a break up when you walked out the front door and she didn't go after you. You had arrived really late in the night because your boss needed you to plan the business's annual event they do every year and she asked at the last minute. Your boss apologized multiple times, feeling bad, but you waved her off and said it was okay.

You called Ariana telling her everything that was happening, and she said that she was fine with it. But when she turned on the television to pass time, she saw pictures of you and your boss out and about today. She put the false puzzle pieces together, realizing that it was your boss who had asked you to stay even longer.

She had assumed that you were cheating on her.

You coming back home wasn't what you had hoped for, which was to cuddle up against your girlfriend. Nope, she gave you the cold shoulder for the longest time until you asked what was going on.

That was when all hell broke loose.

After about thirty minutes of yelling, accusing, defending and crying, you asked her if she ever trusted you and she never responded. It was silence after that specific question, you could hear both of your hearts shattering. With tears running down your cheeks and blurring most of your vision, you nodded and left. You didn't even bother to pack, you just didn't want to be in the same place as Ariana.

That was four days ago. Ariana was at her Los Angeles show for the Dangerous Woman tour, the one you promised her that you'd attend. Before Moonlight started to play, Ariana scanned the crowd for you, a sliver of hope that even after everything that happened, you would still come. But to her disappointment, you weren't there in the crowd.

She sighed, bringing her microphone up to her lips. "The sun is setting and you're right here by my side," her voice cracked at the end and her chocolate brown eyes fluttered shut as she tried to recompose herself.

Ariana didn't even know she was crying until her Arianators started screaming trying to cheer her up. They sang the lyrics when she couldn't. She cracked a smile for them, but it wasn't as bright as usual. She carried on the song as best as she could.

Little did she know that you did show up just like you promised. When you stayed at your best friend's home, the concert ticket was yelling at you to go. You didn't want to, not after what happened, but you promised and you never break them. So you went, Frankie had saw you and brought you backstage because he wanted to know what was going on with Ariana. You didn't want to tell him just to be respectful to Ariana, but by the time the next set began, you decided to just stay backstage.

After Moonlight ended, you could've sworn you heard Ariana whisper, "I love you, Y/N".

******************