Stuck in the Crossfire

Things to know:

The story takes place several months (possibly even a year) past episode 26 of season 4, "Graduation Day" Part 1 & 2.

Peter Parker has turned 19 - thus he is a legal adult.

Deadpool/Wade Wilson is around 20-22 (because creepers don't creep in my fanfictons...eh...usually)

My Deadpool isn't quite canonically aligned with the USM Deadpool. Only real difference is my Deadpool is more muscular than USM DP, because I like him buff like that - let me write my beautifully ripped, cancerous anti-hero. :P

Not all criminals are stupid

That said, criminals are also stupid.

Criminals have the absolute worst timing in the lives of hardworking just-turned-adult superheroes.

Disclaimer: I do not own Ultimate Spider-Man or its characters - sadly :C

There's usually a time and place for everything.

You wouldn't ask you're parents about going to that party on the weekend if they were stressed and frustrated to the point that anything you could possibly say would end in some way or phrase of no. If you're soulmate just found out one of their loved ones died, you wouldn't get on one knee and pop the question right then. If you found out your house was flooded and everything you owned perished, then you probably wouldn't take that trip to Coney Island like you planned.

Because there was just a time and place. If the time wasn't right, or the place was off, you usually try to avoid it because it just wasn't right.

Spider-sense didn't seem to get the memo.

As soon as the first tingle prickled along his head like the worlds worst mental acupuncture needles, Peter had to withhold from dropping his hard-earned check and vaulting out the door before whatever tripped his alarms could appear. If he didn't see it, then it didn't happen - right?

See, spider-sense had this thing about going off on a flying whim, no matter the time, place, or circumstance. Sure, Peter couldn't necessarily put all the blame on his sixth sense, rather than the subject of interest setting it off. But he needed something to vent his frustration on, and when he couldn't see the culprit, spidey-sense was next in line.