Chapter 3

I woke up in the morning and walked downstairs to grab some breakfast when I saw Dylan eating a bowl of cereal at the table.

CRAP! I forgot he was living here and I am in my oversized pajama T-shirt and look like a complete mess.

I quickly sprinted back up the stairs to my room. Normally I don't care about how I look at all. I'm the girl who wears running shorts and sweatshirts all year round. But today was only the second day of school so I felt I needed to look somewhat presentable. It motivated me to get dressed up since Dylan Everett was in my kitchen.

I straightened my hair and put on an Aztec patterned sweater with matching plain yellow jean shorts. Then I skipped happily back down into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple from the bowl of fruit and took a bite.

"You know you can tell if someone is a good kisser by how they bite into an apple." I heard a boy laugh. I turned around to see Dylan smirking at me.

"I don't need an apple to tell me what I already know." I grinned back playfully just to mess with him. He took a step towards me as if almost to lean in for a kiss. I backed up into the counter; cornered. "What are you doing?" I squeaked.

"What does it look like?" He smiled. There was no way he actually liked me so what was he doing? "I don't believe you. You're just messing with me and I don't appreciate it. Why do you feel the need to make fun of me all the time?"

Dylan frowned. "I'm not. Is it that hard to think I could like you Parker?"

"You are Dylan FREAKING Everett. you could have any girl in the entire school. Why would you pursue me of all people? And now?"

"You're the only girl in school not all over me. I like a little chase. Plus, you are living in the same house as me. I couldn't think of a better time." He said and then winked at me.

"Well good thing you like a chase. I don't fall for boys easily. Especially not YOU." Dylan's perfect jaw dropped a little, but then Drew and Gem walked into the kitchen and we all left to drive to school together.

The ride was pretty silent and awkward besides the radio playing. After our long ride to school (since we live in the country) Dylan and Gracie jumped out of the car immediately and ran over to their respective friend groups.

Nelson and I slowly got out of the car and made our way into school. We walked to our lockers like we have done every day for the last three years. Once we finished up we started making our way to the normal pre-school hang out spot that the two of us always went to, but we heard our names being called.

I turned around and saw Dylan waving at us motioning us to go towards him. My feet stuck to the floor and I remained there unable to move.

I finally got the courage to move after what felt like hours and grabbed Drew's hand to pull him in the opposite direction of Dylan and his friends. He spun me around and grabbed my shoulders so I faced him. "Parker, what's up with you today?" I just shrugged.

"I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but I think Dylan was hitting on me at breakfast this morning." Nelson's eyebrows lowered a bit. "Parker... Of course he was hitting on you. My cousin flirts with anything that moves."

That comment hurt, but I knew he was right. Dylan could not like me. How could I be so delusional!? "You're right. Nobody could ever like me. Especially not the most popular guy in school. I'm such an idiot." I sighed.

Drew rubbed my shoulder. "That's not what I meant PJ. It came out wrong I'm sorry. I know how much you like him and I just don't want to see you get hurt. And anyone would have to be a complete moron not to like you. You're perfect."