Two Steps Ahead

"I didn't come back for you to mess up again,"

He fixes his cuff.

"I didn't come back for you to fail,"

He slims down his blazer.

"I didn't come back for the drama,"

He tucks in his tie.

"I came back to finish what I've started."

He shifts his body facing towards me and gives the daily morning glare.

I didn't expect you to give me a glare so early

We stopped at the school once again after all this time. I moved back from America into the same county into the same school in the same town. Sadly I arrived just ten days ago and  just in time for the principle to kiss my dad's ass.

We walk past the doorway into the familiar room. It smelled the same of a fresh spray of fe-breeze in the damp room.  I was hesitant and stood behind my father. He latched his hand on my shoulder and proceeded to say,

"Please take care of him,"

I flinched backwards at the sudden contact.

"School is a dangerous place, regulations will be held. Right Seokjin?"
The principle paused at the inquisition and cocked his head to the side showing off his blood stained mouth.

I quickly was reminded that a question was in session and the grip on my shoulder tightened.

Just give that bastard a quick nod.

"I believe you'll do well."

His words were a soft spoken lie while his eyes held a gaze very powerful.

The weight on top of my shoulder became heavier as the principle continued.

"You must always speak to me Seokjin, you have to be a good student."

And with all of my effort I whimpered out the three letter word.

"Yes"

Laughter.

Laughter broken out of the two and I was released from the strong grip and glare.

While the principle and my father were two steps ahead of me, I stood behind not able to lift my head.