Prologue

The sun leaked through Marilyn's curtains on this fine morning, waking up the 19 year-old-girl. She grumbled, moaned, and even groaned, turning over to look at the time. Her best friend, Esther, walked in. She smiled at the tired girl in front of her, ruffling her hair. 

     "Rise and shine, Marilyn. You need to go job hunting, if you weren't aware, you can't afford to pay your half of the rent." Esther said to Marilyn, sitting down on the bed. 

     Marilyn ignored the girl sitting on her bed, slowly getting into the sitting position that she dreaded. She hated the fact that she couldn't keep a job, that no one wanted to hire her, that her talent was enough to nail a role. She sighed, letting her feet touch the ground as she gave a wry smile to Esther. "I'm going looking today, I promise." She said to the girl, standing up. 

     Esther gave her friend a grin, one that a popular girl would give someone who she successfully threatened. She got up as well, walking over to the door, only turning around to say, "Better hurry, pretty girl. A place to live isn't for free, and with your history, you probably won't be living here long." 

     Marilyn scoffed, turning away from the girl who had just closed the door. She opened her drawer, picking out an outfit that she hoped would increase her chance to get a job. She sighed heavily after getting ready, opening her door. "It's the moment of truth, Marilyn. You're going to apply for a job, and get that damn job." She muttered to herself, walking out of her room to the door that would lead outside.

     She hugged the cardigan she was wearing close to her body, shivering as the cold ran through her blood. As she walked along the street, she noticed a neon pink piece of paper on the newsboard that displayed job offers. Her eyes went wide as she jogged over to it, taking a good glance at it. 

                                               GIRL ACTORS NEEDED FOR LONG-TERM ROLE

                                                                 LOT OF MONEY FOR HIRED

                                                IF INTERETSED, GO TO 1827 WIPSTAR ROAD

        Looking around, Marilyn took the paper from the tacks, slipping it in her pocket. She walked over to the address provided, slipping inside the building with ease. As she looked around the room, she walked over to the reception desk.

     "I would like to try out for the long-term role." Marilyn said to the receptionist, giving her a polite smile. She showed her the paper to prove that she came here for the role, biting her lip.

     "Follow me, this way please." The receptionist said, moving from her seat toward the room that would be where Marilyn would audition for what she thought was a normal role. "Please, sit here until further notice." 

     Marilyn sat down, crossing her right leg over her left as she waited for any sign of her to audition. She sat down for what seemed like hours, but was only 45 minutes, until she was called into attention by some offical looking person. 

     "Marilyn Fisher," The person called, who was the head of Modest! Management, "please, come here." 

     Marilyn got up, walking toward where the sound came from. She smiled politely to the head of Modest! Management, sitting down on the chair across from his desk. She looked at him in the eye, awaiting any directions that she would revieve. 

     "Hello, Marilyn. My name is Richard Clairds, I'm the head of Modest! Management." He said to her, taking off his glasses. "I need you to tell me a little about yourself while my assistant, Misty, writes down a few of those things that catch her eye about you." 

     Clearing her throat, Marilyn nodded. "My name is Marilyn Fisher, and I am 19 years old. I've been living in London for about 3 years, and I am an aspiring singer/songwriter, although I am pursuing in acting as of right now due to being tight in the money situation. I live with my roommate, Esther Fields, who might be kicking me out soon due to the tight money situation. I've always been wanting a carrer that'll set me high up, always wanted to be famous. I love to sing, write, and care for others." She said to Richard, giving him a small smile after. "I am a hopeless romantic, and have always wanted to be a mother."

     "Thank you, Marilyn. That was great, you're an interesting girl. Misty and I, along with who  is going to be hiring, will review this over, and get back to you within ten minutes. If you would please sit in the waiting room with the other applicants, that would be amazing." Richard said to her, moving his hand to point to where the waiting room is. 

     Marilyn nodded, standing up. "Thank you, Mr. Clairds." She said to him, walking out of the room she was previously in. She walked by a girl with brunette hair, almost matching her own hair. Giving the girl a small smile, she sat down beside her. 

     Inside the room, Harry came out from where he was. He sat down where Marilyn was just sitting, sighing heavily as he did so. A look of disgust came out on his face as Richard laid down four files, each one having an image of a girl clipped to the front. He first looked at one with a oval face, her brown and blond hair reaching all the way down to her shoulders. He noticed that her eyes sparkled brightly, and that she was, in fact, cute. He opened the file, reading each thing that was written down, nodding his head. "I want this girl," He said to Richard, looking up. "I like this one, she's interesting."

     Richard nodded, taking the girl's file from Harry's hands. "Marilyn Fisher, 19 years old, aspiring singer/songwriter." He said quietly to himself. "All right, Harry. I'll go get her, you can meet her, chit-chat, and once done, Misty will give her the contract to sign and all that." He quietly left the room, walking out to where all the girls were sitting. "Marilyn Fisher, please." He called out, waiting for Marilyn to get up. 

     Marilyn walked over to him, surprise evident in her eyes as she was led into the room. "Marilyn Fisher, meet Harry Styles. Harry, this is Marilyn. Marilyn, for the next year, you will be Harry Styles' girlfriend." He said simply, leaving the room. 

     Harry smiled at Marilyn, scooting closer to the girl who he would be fake-dating for the next year. "So, Mari-" 

     "Never fucking call me that." Marilyn snapped, almost slapping Harry across the face. "Never, fucking ever, call me Mari or I swear to god I will break that pretty face of yours."

     A smirk worked it's way onto Harry's lips she snapped at him. "Hm, someone didn't mentioned they were feisty." He winked at her, letting his cocky side show. He wasn't going to admit it, but he already had a feeling that he was going to fall for the girl he figured would just hate him. 

     "If we're going to work together, you might as well be civilized with me, Harry." She snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. She tapped her foot against the ground, already knowing that she wasn't going to like Harry all too well. 

    After the two talked for 20 minutes, Misty came in with the contract and a pen, pointing to each place the two must sign, intail and read. Once done, she recieved Marilyn's phone number for mandatory texts she must send to her, all of Marilyn's passwords for her Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and gave her a bracelet that was said to be bought by Harry. "I will be seeing you both tomorrow." Misty said with a stern voice, "Get a good's nice sleep, both of you. You guys have a big day coming up tomorrow, your first outing and instagram photo as a 'pre-couple'" 

     Harry rolled his eyes, waving his hand at her. "Yeah, whatever Misty. Good-bye." He said to the girls, walking away as Marilyn rolled her eyes. 

     "Is he always a handful?" Marilyn asked Misty, only to recieve a knowing glance. She sighed heavily, looking down at her phone as she walked out. 

     "I am Harry Styles' girlfriend, I have Harry Styles' number, and I will be with Harry Styles almost all the time." She muttered to herself, almost disgusteed. "At least I get paid a lot." 

     Opening the door to the apartment, she knew that her life has been changed for good.