Big Fat Lie

"Someone saw Mr. Kim's son at our party last night."

Father announces while my family are having breakfast this morning. The whole table suddenly turns quite. My mother and my cousin throw a glance at me. I try to feign ignorance, but my grip on the fork tighten for the reason I don't even understand.

"Did you see him?"

Oh my god!

He asks me!

Father addresses only me!

I can't speak and my whole body is tense. All I can do is just sit there on the dining table, blinking my eyes and closing my mouth tightly like a mute robot. Half of me don't want to tell lies, but another half also don't want Father to know the truth that you were there last night.

"Euna was with me, Father-in-law."

The answer comes from Lee Yoojin's voice. My fiancé. Bind with me by his father's financial help on my fahter's campaign fund.

He lied, of course.

I saw him leaving with a girl-rumored-to-be-his-ex that night. That's how you found me.

Because I left alone.

Father decides to drop the topic. The breakfast resumes with another small talk. I don't even realize that I still hold my breath. This confrontation slaps me in the face that I should forget you.

But, it ain't easy.

Because, just like waiting for the right time, your message arrives.

***