Chapter One

"Cassady!" I called, running down the stairs from my bedroom.

"What?!" I heard her call from her room upstairs.

  I grabbed the mail taped to the fridge with a sticky note on top of it that read Marisa and opened the letter nonchalantly.

  Dear Marisa,

  I've looked at your pictures you've sent in and have decided that you are going to be a part of my modeling project. Of course, along with another male from that area. The modeling project will take place in Paris, France. I'll e-mail the details. 

                                                            ~Adeline

 My eyes widened and I jumped up and down squealing. I couldn't wait to tell Roseland!

"Are you taking your car?! I'm not going to be late on my first day to school as a sophmore!" I called, grabbing a Strawberry-Kiwi Vitamin Water.

"Yeah, sure!"

The reason she takes so long is because she always puts make-up on and gets up too late. I rolled my eyes and ran out the front door, letting it close behind me. I ran down the white stairs to the garage and hopped into my McLaren 12c Spider. It was the most awesome car... in the world!

I started it up and backed out of our mansion. While I drove to school, I jammed out to Demi Lovato's song Here We Go Again. It completely described my situation with my on and off boyfriend. His name was Logan. Our situation was really hard to explain.

After about ten minutes, I pulled into the school and parked. My first day of school outfit was pretty simple. An off-the-shoulder sweater (even though it was seventy degrees outside), a pair of jean shorts with Under Armour spandex shorts under them for comfortable-ness, and my hair in a ponytail.

The way I lived made me sound like a snobby, popular girl who's the captain of the cheerleading squad. When really, I was a pretty nice person. I wasn't the most popular girl in school. Or at least I don't see myself like that. I only have a few close friends and then a ton of fake friends. But only because I can throw a decent party.

Even with all these things I had, I was still hated by the actual Queen Bitch of the school. I wasn't even sure why! I walked towards the school and my ex-boyfriend waved at me to go over to him. Like I said, it was complicated.

"Hey!" I said, smiling at Logan. "Guess what?!" 

"What?" he returned my smile and we walked into the building. I took my schedule out of my tote.

"I have Algebra first," I said, looking at the rest of my day.

"That's it?" he asked.

"Nope. Because I got the job!!" I exclaimed, jumping for joy.

"You were the one!? I got it too!" 

"No way! Happy dance?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm a man," he said in a deep voice. I laughed.

  We walked next to each other towards our lockers. I found mine and opened it, as did he. I watched him as he opened the one next to me.

"Marisa!" Roseland called to me. I turned to see my best friend waving her hand in the air like a crazy person. Wait... she was crazy. "What do you have first period?!" she called to me from the end of the hall. I rubbed my temples.

"Algebra!" I called.

"Me too!" She ran down the hall to me and linked her arm through mine. 

"Guess what?" I said as we walked to class.