Two

I open my eyes to the beautiful sight in front of me. I could get used to waking up to this every morning. I watch as he opens his eyes and tiredly stretches his paws.

“Good morning skittles” I say to my beautiful two and a half year old puppy. I still remember hearing that small bark on Christmas night; I remember seeing the little pup all scrunched up in a little corner on the street, I just assumed he needed rescuing so I took him home. My mother hated the teacup Pomeranian husky but my dad said I did a good thing rescuing him from the streets; that was around the time my father started spoiling Daniel and me; as an excuse of him being absent so much he bought us everything we asked for and we never got in trouble for anything it’s like his only answer was bribing.

Soon my mom began to deny all the gifts my father kept sending from exotic countries; he then stopped spoiling us, started missing out on holidays, and didn’t bother to show up at my graduation; I blamed it on my mother for pushing him away so much until I realized that money did take a toll on my dad. I’m used to it all now; hell I don’t even know why he even bothers to show up at all. I’ve got to admit not having my father in the picture as often as usual did affect me a bit specially when he never apologized for not showing  up to one of my greatest achievements (graduating high school) but having my brother by my side kept me strong. I am very grateful that Daniel and I are very close; if it weren’t for him I’d be going insane in this madhouse. We leaned on each other for support and technically raised one another.

“shit.” I say as I look at the clock and jump out of bed, I am so late. Alyssa is going to kill me. We are supposed to get together for coffee and figure out what we are going to wear for this double ‘date’ that she agreed to. I seriously am not in the mood to dress up for some guy who I literally just met yesterday, I only agreed to this date so it can end quickly and I never have to see him again. I don’t waste anymore time as I put on my favorite sweatshirt; grab a pair of sweat pants along with the first sneakers I find.

**

I smell the freshly brewed coffee as I walk into strabucks and instantly feel at home. I come here every single day; not only because the coffee is good but I just can’t function without it.  I look around and spot a really angry looking Alyssa.

“I know, I know I’m sorry, time just caught up to me this morning” I sincerely say.

“Yea good morning to you as well” Alyssa says in an awfully cheery mood.

“Why are you so happy, just yesterday you were upsetting over Jason?”

“Well I paid him a little visit and everything’s ok now” she says proudly smiling

“Oh, you cheeky one don’t tell m-”

“No I didn’t sleep with him Emily; we actually talked things out this time and he even agree to come with us tonight. Now got get us a table and I’ll order the usual”

“Ok, geez take it down a notch” I say foolishly. I sit at the nearest table and await my delicious black coffee.

“Here’s your disgusting black iced coffee. By the way, can you please explain to me why your dressed in a banana theme, I saw your banana socks and for god’s sake your shirt reads ‘I banana New York’ we don’t even live in New York; I hope you’re going to change for tonight” Alyssa says as she hands me my cup of joy.