Prologue

//Hello! This is your writer speaking for today's little snippet! I am not the greatest writer and I do make mistakes. Please if you can, be Courteous when correcting me or pointing out mistakes. Thank you and hope you enjoy my first story!//

Is this on? Oh! Alright... Don't mind that awful beginning...

The white flames licked at the fading man's feet as he ran with several books and recordings in his arms.

My name is Ace, no last name is needed since by the time you hear this... I am already long gone with the other nameless souls.

The man stopped at a pool of glowing water, seeming to be holy with power and hope.

I was apart of an... "experiment" to try and preserve the human mind through electricity and machinery. They wanted to see if a mentally ill person could make it past the painful tests that only one other was able to survive. It was a success....

Whiten flames drew closer as the books and recordings were dropped into the pool, disappearing with a whish. The man sighed and turned to face the wall of death approaching.

However, it caused something inside myself to tick. Slowly it took over my mind, filling each thought with evil intentions and corruption until it even became my own Hyde. I had to stop him but it was already too late... He slowly took over and I eventually was trapped in my own mind!

Wind urged the wall closer to the man as he held onto one last photo of him and a young woman with a big smile. Tears began to fall onto the photo as the fire started to surround him.

Now it is certain, I am going to be erased from the very body I was born in. I just want to say this one last thing before I am long gone...

The white rose high above him, just so close to consuming him before he managed to get out above the heat,
"Tell the Willow tree that I am finally at peace with myself."

...

There was nothing left after the fire consumed everything, not even those lingering words.