Chapter 7

There was a knock at the door around 8:10 pm.

Chloe sat up and turned to Aubrey. "That's her." The blonde rolled her eyes and shut her laptop with a sigh. "Come on in," Chloe half-yelled.

The brunette came through the doorway with a small smile on her face that quickly disappeared when she spotted Aubrey. "Oh! Aubrey. I didn't think you'd be, um..."

"Awake? Yeah, well, I'd rather not experience whatever goes on in this room between you two. I was just leaving," she finished Beca's sentence and stood up. She walked out and winked back at Chloe before shutting the door.

"That girl is infuriating," Beca put on half a smirk and walked up to the redhead. The expression on her face turned into a serious one as she stared into Chloe's eyes intensely. "I'm sorry," she said clearly.

Chloe took the brunette's hands and stroked her knuckles. "Don't apologise. I just... don't understand why you thought I was going to hit you. You know I'd never do that." She felt tears forming in her eyes out of confusion and hurt, but she closed her eyes and pushed them back.

Her eyes were still closed when she heard Beca's voice tremble, "An ex of mine used to do that... he didn't like how closed-off I was - sorry, am - with him and the rest of the world. And I just - I thought..."

"You thought that I'd be the same," Chloe completed her sentence with a sigh and opened her eyes to find that the brunette hadn't stopped looking at her. Beca nodded before adding, "But you aren't. You aren't like that. You accept everything about me and... I feel like I don't need to hide from you. Not, um.. not as much."

Chloe looked confused by what the brunette meant as she asked, "Hide? What would you even want to hide, Beca? You're amazing, just the way you are. I know that's so cliché and that it's also a song, but it's more than true."

Beca pulled her hands away from Chloe's and held the redhead's face in them. "The fact that I had never fallen for a girl so hard until I met you." Chloe's eyes widened at the brunette's words and she smiled. Beca slid her left hand down to her neck as she leaned in to place her lips against the redhead's once again.

Chloe didn't pull away until she started feeling breathless. "Beca," she smiled goofily, "as much as I love what we're doing right now, I actually have something planned. Sort of like a date."

Beca raised her eyebrows with a short laugh. "A date? I didn't think you'd take that text seriously!"

"I didn't until five seconds ago, haha. It's a practice date! Come on," Chloe grinned, taking the brunette's hand and leading her out of the room with a thin blanket under her other arm.

****

It was already pretty dark outside and the stars were starting to come out when Chloe placed the blanket she had brought on the grass in front of them.

"I haven't got snacks or anything like that, so I hope you've already eaten," Chloe lay down on the covered ground with a smile. She gestured for Beca to lay next to her, so she did. "I have."

They lay in silence until Chloe pulled out a small iPod from her pocket and plugged in her earphones, passing the right earpiece to Beca. "I think this song would be perfect," she said, fiddling around with the iPod as Beca put on the earpiece.

They both stayed closed to one another, with their hands nearly touching in between them as the song started to play.

We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

Beca turned her head to face Chloe. She knew this song and she knew it well. When Chloe's eyes met hers, it seemed like it was that way for her too.

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone

Chloe bit her lip and moved her hand over to Beca's. With their fingers entwined, she watched as Beca looked back up at the starry sky and started to sing along softly.

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

"Would you lie with me and just forget the world..." Beca trailed off and turned back to see that Chloe was gazing at her with teary eyes.

"Hey," she turned her body entirely and looked at the redhead with sympathetic eyes, "What's wrong?"

Chloe shut her eyes closed and shook her head. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect."

Beca's sympathy turned into a puzzled expression on her face as she tuned out the music she was listening to on her right ear. Chloe acknowledged her confusion and continued, "I'm just so happy that you joined the Bellas. Your voice is angelic, Beca. We're going to do so well this year with you on our team."

The brunette blushed and whispered a "thank you" before squeezing the redhead's hand lightly as thousands of stars sparkled above them and the song ended.

So... this happened. I don't really know what I'm doing with this anymore (I never did, actually), but I hope y'all like it. The song that they listen to in this one is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. It's an awesome one and I thought it'd fit well.