Chapter 1

So, thinking of Pidge as aro/ace, this idea just seemed kinda cute. I can totally imagine everyone doting on Pidge, and she just wanting to get her work done. Btw, in this au she's in college already, and an adult (I picture her as 20 in this). Enjoy!

******************************************

Pidge had been feeling strange today. She didn't know why, she hadn't done anything out of the ordinary. She'd woken up, drank the coffee her roommate made for her, grabbed her laptop and headed out of the house. From there, she'd gone to her morning classes, then sat under a tree on the college campus to work on one of her many projects due soon. All throughout the day, Pidge felt as though she were being watched or followed. 

Suddenly, a shadow fell over her. When she looked up, there stood a guy she'd never seen. He was short, with a red buzz cut and pretty blue eyes. He seemed nervous standing there.

"Can I help you?" Pidge had been told before that she was blunt, but it got her what she wanted and prevented beating around the bush, so she saw nothing wrong with it.

"Um, I just. I kinda, I-I mean, uhhh, well. You're really pretty and, um, I THINK I LOVE YOU!" he suddenly yelled out. 

"Uhhh, thanks, dude. I mean, I'm flattered, but you don't really know me. Besides, I'm not really interested in being in a relationship." Pidge continued typing on her laptop. "Thanks anyway, though."

The guy seemed offended, clenching his fists and opening his mouth for a comment, but Pidge got up and walked away. No sense in starting a scene. She walked towards an on-campus cafe, deciding to sit there and quietly write her English report. 

Only five minutes after sitting there, she'd just barely gotten her double dirty cold brew coffee, she was tapped on the shoulder. At this pace, she'd never get all of her work done. 

When she turned around, she saw a girl in her late teens, blushing profusely and playing with her hands as if nervous. Pidge raised an eyebrow and waited for the girl to say something.

"Hey, there. I know you don't really know me, but do you, uh, think maybe we-we could, maybe, uh, go on a date sometime? I mean, on-only if you wanna, but uh, yeah..."

Pidge stared at the girl confusedly. "You know you're the second stranger to ask me out today? I'm starting to think I'm cursed or something. Anyways, I'm not really interested, but thanks anyway? Sorry." Pidge shrugged, going back to her work. 

While she worked, three more strangers came up to her to ask her out or hit on her. She was starting to get frustrated, just wanting to get some work done in a quiet place.

After she had finally finished her english project, she decided to finish the rest of her projects at home, hoping for less distractions. When she picked up the napkin and her paper cup to throw them in the trash, she noticed some writing on her cup. A phone number? God dammit. 

***********************************************

When she got home, Pidge dropped onto the couch heavily, sighing in relief.

When she felt someone else sit beside her, she looked up to see Lance, her roommate. 

He was also leaning into the couch, sighing heavily. 

"Having a bad day?" she asked humourlessly.

"Pidge, has anything strange happened to you today? If so, I am actually sorry."

"What'd you do, Lance?"

"It sounded like fun, and I honestly did not think it would work, like not at all."

"Lance." she used her menacing tone of voice to make sure he'd answer properly.

"Okay, okay, Dios mio, Pidge. Don't use your mom voice on me. I bought some love potion from some guy on the internet. The bottle it came in was pretty, and I wanted to use it for some of my essential oils or something. But then I thought 'Why not? It won't hurt anyone.' so I put it in our coffees this morning. Turns out, it either works, or everybody suddenly realized I'm handsome all at the same time. Crazy, huh?" he followed it up with an awkward laugh, but Pidge sat there with her mouth hanging open.

"How. The. Fuck. Was that a good idea, you dolt? How do we reverse it?"

"Oh, it's fine. The guy online said it only works for 24 hours, so we just have to stay inside tonight. We'll be good tomorrow. See? Everything under control."

Pidge hit Lance across the back of the head.

"Ouch."

"You deserved it, you asshole."

***THE END***

Hope you liked this adorable short story.